Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Can you get tickets by derby county ticket office.

I think could be 40k in the stadium on the night.

I’m not sure yet mate but I’d imagine Derby will help out seeing as they will benefit from the gate receipts.

I’m definitely going, there will be a big crowd seeing as Derby doesn’t host boxing usually.

Just now, Seth's left foot said:

I’m not sure yet mate but I’d imagine Derby will help out seeing as they will benefit from the gate receipts.

I’m definitely going, there will be a big crowd seeing as Derby doesn’t host boxing usually.

I want get my hand on a ticket even ringside if possible but sell for one in the stands.

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Pointless. Canelo wins on points, wide.

I'd even say Canelo TKO. GGG looked washed (yes I know he got the TKO) on Saturday and his chin/body definitely wasn't what it was known for. The body shots of Murata took their toll and you could see him struggling. Canelo's body shots are lethal and GGG is aging. 

On 11/04/2022 at 22:13, Jubbs said:

I'd even say Canelo TKO. GGG looked washed (yes I know he got the TKO) on Saturday and his chin/body definitely wasn't what it was known for. The body shots of Murata took their toll and you could see him struggling. Canelo's body shots are lethal and GGG is aging. 

Remember all programs food and drink t shirt sales debt will get percentages of those sales too.

On 11/04/2022 at 21:14, Bris Vegas said:

Pointless. Canelo wins on points, wide.

Canelo won’t lose another boxing match in his career. 

Time is the only opponent these guys can't beat. Joe Louis got whupped off Rocky Marciano but I don't think there's many would say Rocky would have beaten Louis in his prime. Similarly, Trevor Berbick beat Ali, Calzaghe beat Roy Jones (and Hopkins) and the list goes on.

I thought GGG won the first fight, second was hard to call but probably fair to give to Alvarez. For the third, GGG is taking it for money and nothing else. He got Murata, in the end, but that was a fighter Golovkin would have blown out of there in three rounds in his prime. And I agree, he looked like he was struggling to take the shots early on. Only one result in this one if it happens.....

1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

Time is the only opponent these guys can't beat. Joe Louis got whupped off Rocky Marciano but I don't think there's many would say Rocky would have beaten Louis in his prime. Similarly, Trevor Berbick beat Ali, Calzaghe beat Roy Jones (and Hopkins) and the list goes on.

I thought GGG won the first fight, second was hard to call but probably fair to give to Alvarez. For the third, GGG is taking it for money and nothing else. He got Murata, in the end, but that was a fighter Golovkin would have blown out of there in three rounds in his prime. And I agree, he looked like he was struggling to take the shots early on. Only one result in this one if it happens.....

Can't agree on the Calzaghe.  Jones would have been a close one, Calzaghe always better than Hopkins who was just a ring bully.  Remember when he beat these guys though, he was mid thirties himself, with badly damaged hands and away from home.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Can't agree on the Calzaghe.  Jones would have been a close one, Calzaghe always better than Hopkins who was just a ring bully.  Remember when he beat these guys though, he was mid thirties himself, with badly damaged hands and away from home.

Calzaghe was great - easily a top ten Brit of all time. But Hopkins and Jones were something else in their prime. We'll never know, just like we'll never know if Ali would have beaten Tyson or if Jack Johnson would have beaten Joe Frazier.

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

GGG was robbed in the first fight. He 100% won, but boxing politics dictated he didn’t to keep the Canelo cash cow going.

Boxing is a beautiful but corrupt sport. 

Agree with all that. I had Canelo winning the 2nd fight and I don't think GGG stands more chance than anyone else at middleweight in a third fight. He's been a truly fearsome fighter but it can't last forever. Wish he'd had chance to batter BJS and Eubank Jnr a few years back. 

36 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Agree with all that. I had Canelo winning the 2nd fight and I don't think GGG stands more chance than anyone else at middleweight in a third fight. He's been a truly fearsome fighter but it can't last forever. Wish he'd had chance to batter BJS and Eubank Jnr a few years back. 

I accepted the Canelo victory in the second fight, but I just couldn’t ignore the irony behind the analysts reasons for him winning the second fight.

Everyone was saying Canelo won because he stood his ground in the middle of the ring and was the aggressor. If you’re going to give Canelo the win for that, then you have to give GGG a wide win in the first fight as Canelo spent most of the fight with his back to the ropes.

In both fights GGG outpunched Canelo for the majority of the rounds. I thought this was the whole point? If you award victories for where boxers stand in the ring, then how did Floyd ever win a fight?

When you have Canelo winning the first because of his defensive and counterpunching tactics and then have him winning the second for being the aggressor, you have Canelo winning any fight he doesn’t get knocked out in because you are looking for reasons why he wins. It’s just plain bias in such an obvious way.

Cabelo will never be knocked out unless he goes up to heavyweight. So given he is today’s boxing cash cow, he simply won’t ever lose because they will always find a reason for him to win.

Saying all that, he is a tremendous fighter and is leagues above anyone from 160-180lbs right now regardless. Those divisions lack the quality of the 135-147 divisions.

Edited by Bris Vegas