Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

23 hours ago, ossieram said:

Another win for Derbys Sandy Ryan last night. Ref was a bit quick to stop it in my opinion,  but there was only ever going to be one winner. 

She looks very good.  Saw her last fight when she nailed her opponent with a brutal body shot.  Hoping she keeps progressing, she looks capable of reaching the top.

Having a mare here. Covid, family death with another one probably within a month or so. 

Just catching up on some boxing and started with the headliner Chisora V Parker

Best Parker has ever boxed. By some distance. Chisora is fecking hard though isn't he. Imagine him after you outside the ring. How would you stop him!!?

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately he said "there's a new venue in Derby" so I assume he means the Velodrome.

We are also playing Bristol City at home that day, so even if he said it was at Pride Park, I highly doubt they would host a boxing event that would start around an hour after the football had finished.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Eubank Jnr really is a charmless nerk.

Posing and posturing against a game but limited Williams.

If he fights Golovkin he will be annihilated.

He did a good job though. Put on a show making a good fight look easy

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Eubank Jnr really is a charmless nerk.

Posing and posturing against a game but limited Williams.

If he fights Golovkin he will be annihilated.

Chip off the old block but at least his old fella was entertaining both in and out of the ring.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Watching ‘The Gloves Are Off’ and Kell Brook doesn’t look like he believes a word he is saying.

Think Khan has got him beat already, he’s angry and out of control.

Amir Khan 8th round win ???

Is it on normal tele or ppv?

I think the most remarkable thing about the Khan v Book fight is that it's not free to watch. It's 20 years too late and neither fighter is relevant anymore. Khan avoided Brook like a bad case of Covid when the fight could and should have happened and had it, I think Brook would have put him to sleep double quick. Truth be told, I'd not be surprised if he does tonight, but both are past their sell-by dates and I've better was to spend a Saturday night than throwing good money after bad.

22 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Watching ‘The Gloves Are Off’ and Kell Brook doesn’t look like he believes a word he is saying.

Think Khan has got him beat already, he’s angry and out of control.

Amir Khan 8th round win ???

Watched that earlier today. I've heard 14 year olds in a playground have a better show down before a fight than that pair of muppets.

Awful match for Frazier Clarke. 

"Oh it's short notice"

Well that's fine then, what could possibly go wrong when a decorated Olympian goes against a fat lad from Blackpool. Fair play to the other geezer for having a go but that was very reckless and dangerous by whoever put together this shocking undercard. 

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Dangerous. I was calling for the other geezer to take a knee as soon as the pressure was turned on. Nothing to gain there except a beating/injury. 

Hope he was paid a lot

My lads mate is round watching.

I told him that a few years ago you could step in the ring at Goose Fair and if you survived a round against a Gypsy boxer you'd win £100.

This was the TV equivalent.

10 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I think the most remarkable thing about the Khan v Book fight is that it's not free to watch. It's 20 years too late and neither fighter is relevant anymore. Khan avoided Brook like a bad case of Covid when the fight could and should have happened and had it, I think Brook would have put him to sleep double quick. Truth be told, I'd not be surprised if he does tonight, but both are past their sell-by dates and I've better was to spend a Saturday night than throwing good money after bad.

You're missing a fantastic card though.

We've had a guy knocked out by a punch he blocked and a decorated Olympian vs an Olympic stadium decorator. 

I'm assuming at some point we'll get our 10 year overdue fight between two guys with nowhere to go. 

They're so lucky boxing has been quiet these last months and so lucky there has been no ppv cards around this date. 

If their fight isn't a 12 round classic then this has been worse than expected and expectations were low

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You're missing a fantastic card though.

We've had a guy knocked out by a punch he blocked and a decorated Olympian vs an Olympic stadium decorator. 

I'm assuming at some point we'll get our 10 year overdue fight between two guys with nowhere to go. 

They're so lucky boxing has been quiet these last months and so lucky there has been no ppv cards around this date. 

If their fight isn't a 12 round classic then this has been worse than expected and expectations were low

How did the decorator go? Hope he didn't get rollered over.