Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

Canelo to fight Makabu at cruiserweight. Yes, you read that right, a 154lbs boxer who suspiciously gained a heck of a lot of muscle to move up to 160 and 168 (while failing a drugs test) is now about to move up a fight in a category with a 200lb limit.

I’m sorry but this shouldn’t be possible. 

It either shows how everyone is blind to Canelo’s PEDs use, or boxing between 168-200lbs is dead, or a bit of both.

Stick a pin in him and it will be a tsunami.

Great fighter though and it's exciting news. But he's only going to fight cruiserweight and light heavies that he can beat. I bet after Makabu he'll drop back down straight away

Even someone like Okolie who isn't a patch on Canelo technically would cause him massive problems by being a big strong natural cruiserweight. 

Imagine Canelo fighting cruisers that are borderline heavyweights 

• 2 weeks later...

Big shock!! I think maybe nobody rates Teofimo Lopez more than Teofimo Lopez. Arrogant arse

I think AJ has lost the plot

Khan v Brook is happening! The fight everyone wants to see 10 years ago! A fight between two guys who are frozen out of their divisions. £20ppv... think I'll pass. 

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Big shock!! I think maybe nobody rates Teofimo Lopez more than Teofimo Lopez. Arrogant arse

I think AJ has lost the plot

Khan v Brook is happening! The fight everyone wants to see 10 years ago! A fight between two guys who are frozen out of their divisions. £20ppv... think I'll pass. 

Teo interrupting George's interview to tell his home crowd he won 11-2, with a battered face and then to get booed was better than when the ref held his arm up by mistake. Teo's corner were awful. 

Great fight. 

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

Teo interrupting George's interview to tell his home crowd he won 11-2, with a battered face and then to get booed was better than when the ref held his arm up by mistake. Teo's corner were awful. 

Great fight. 

Yeah he won 11-2 but doesn't want a rematch and is going "back to the drawing board"

Strange thinking for a man who says he was robbed. 

Got what he deserved for looking past this fight, didn't he? ?

Rather a confusing interview. But what I get from that, is that AJ the businessman would rather fight once for all four belts than fight twice for them.

There is sense in allowing Usyk and Fury to fight for all the belts and then taking on the winner.

While he wouldn’t get the chance to be the first heavyweight to have all the belts, he could still be in a position to claim all the belts by avenging his loss to Usyk or beating the undefeated main man Tyson Fury. 

I think an AJ who is super confident in beating Usyk would take the rematch, avenge his loss then fight Fury. But I get the impression he isn’t confident of winning, and he would be in a worse position should he lose the rematch compared to potentially stepping aside and fighting the winner of Usyk-Fury should that pan out.

I think Brook wins if he can rediscover some form. He wants it more, needs it more and I think Khan will accept defeat more easily because he only cares about his bank nowadays. 

To be honest they've both, I don't want to say quit, been beaten mentally in the past and now the fight seems like a losers play off. 

Hope Brook wins

20 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Breaking "boxing" news, Tommy Fury has pulled out over his fight with Jake Paul as he has a "cold." 

In other words, he's bottled it and doesn't want to get disowned by his family

It's ironic that he calls out a guy for not fighting a real boxer while barely being a real boxer himself. And he should have an L or a D on his record. 

His mouth runs way too fast for his own good. Probably been told he's not much better than a YouTuber and needs more time to avoid potential embarrassment

Thought it was a cold but he's putting pictures up of a cracked rib? Not that I'd 100% believe that either. 

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Thought it was a cold but he's putting pictures up of a cracked rib? Not that I'd 100% believe that either. 

I don't think Tyson throwing a medicine ball at his ribs at full pelt about 20 times would've done much good for his ribs.

Find it quite funny as it was only a few weeks ago Tyson said this:image.thumb.png.187e41dfdc5eecbbc2c98e0ae63033a5.png

Conor Benn, take a bow son. The lad's just completely dismantled Chis Algieri, who worryingly took a deal of time to recover from the sharp L/R combo that put him down. I know some don't really rate Benn on here but he's taking proper fights, winning them comfortably and improving at a rate of knots. Critically, he's got that natural power that just can't be coached and when his time comes, that will give even Spence and Crawford pause for thought.

There's no argument that Algieri is not past his prime but this was a controlled and impressive display topped off with the brutal knockout power that seems to be family trait and Conor seems to take each step up the ladder in his stride. He'll get his shot, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Conor Benn, take a bow son. The lad's just completely dismantled Chis Algieri, who worryingly took a deal of time to recover from the sharp L/R combo that put him down. I know some don't really rate Benn on here but he's taking proper fights, winning them comfortably and improving at a rate of knots. Critically, he's got that natural power that just can't be coached and when his time comes, that will give even Spence and Crawford pause for thought.

There's no argument that Algieri is not past his prime but this was a controlled and impressive display topped off with the brutal knockout power that seems to be family trait and Conor seems to take each step up the ladder in his stride. He'll get his shot, that's for sure.

He's just in a monster division. But it won't be long before he's going to get a superfight