Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

Khan was shot. He actually looked better against Canelo a few years back before the KO.

He has lost his speed, and he had no power against Brook who looked huge compared to him.

Khan was a fantastic fighter at 135 and 140 but every time he has faced a big puncher at 147 he has lost.

Brook just walked him down. So one-sided. The equivalent would be Brook fighting against a big puncher at 160. Oh yeah, he did that, and same result happened.

Said Kell would destroy Khan and he duly did. Khan was beat before he even got in the ring. He knew what was coming but I guess the lure of pound notes and a lack of relevant opportunities elsewhere led him to roll the dice.

Actually pretty impressed with Kell who looked sharp and focussed, way better than I've seen him for a while. That said, not sure where either fighter goes from here. Happy for Kell all the same.

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Said Kell would destroy Khan and he duly did. Khan was beat before he even got in the ring. He knew what was coming but I guess the lure of pound notes and a lack of relevant opportunities elsewhere led him to roll the dice.

Actually pretty impressed with Kell who looked sharp and focussed, way better than I've seen him for a while. That said, not sure where either fighter goes from here. Happy for Kell all the same.

Kell could go up to 154. At Welter Spence and Bud are superior, especially the latter.

154 is a pretty poor division so Charlo is an option or an all British fight with Liam Smith.

Brook looked massive at 149 compared to Khan so 154 should be easy for him.

Fair play to them both,  they put themselves on the line.

But Johnny Nelson was right, Kel just wanted it more.  He was already naturally bigger and more powerful, and he just wanted it so much that he hunted Khan down and bashed him about.

Ref probably stopped it a tad early,  but there was only one winner regardless.

Agree the undercard was shocking.  2nd biggest fight was a women's 'world title' fight with a contender who had lost almost as many times as she had won and ready to hit the deck every time she was touched.

PS won't happen, but Brook smashing the smug grin off Eubank Jnrs face I'd pay to see.

Edited by Chester40

51 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

PS won't happen, but Brook smashing the smug grin off Eubank Jnrs face I'd pay to see.

I like Kell a lot and with better fortune he could have been set for life in the same way as Khan, but Eubank Jr tips the scales at over 160 and I'd wager good money he would do to Kell what Kell just did to Khan. I'd hate to see that fight made, but as you point out, it'll most likely never happen anyway.

Despite a similar weight discrepancy, Eubank Jr vs Conor Benn, is another huge all-British fight and one I would love to see assuming Conor can fill his frame a little more. Hopefully they don't dance around the fire as long as Khan chose to with Kell. The history between Nige and Chris Sr just adds even more spice though whether Hearn and Sauerland would be as keen as their fighters I'm not sure.

One thing is for certain and that is that the UK fight scene is as vibrant right now as for many a year. The next couple of years could be a rare vintage indeed and not just in a square ring either.

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Yeh he was ringside and he loves any undeserved limelight, so I'm sure Eubank Jnr will be all over the rumour like a rash. He's definitely bigger than Kel who maybe has learned his lesson about stepping up too far...

Concerns me that Kell is not one to run from a fight, any fight. Hopefully Hearn will mind the lad as I honestly think he's got too much heart for his own good. That said, who could begrudge him a last decent payday? Glad it's not my call.