Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

Max Kellerman has never heard of Usyk has he? Kind of funny they were talking about Wilder being number two in the division. How any other opponent it would be his night Also how Andy Ruiz and AJ would be excellent fights for him.

Maybe it's just a case of bigging up one of their own.

But the US broadcaster seemed to forget entirely how Usyk holds the three other belts.

Edited by Bris Vegas

What an absolute banger. For about 3 minutes there I had found a new respect for Wilder. Then he flounces and reminds me why I wanted to see him KO'd in the first place. 

On a positive note, that's the kind of fight we'll still be rabbiting on about in 10 years. Couple of things I don't really get as regards the way Tyson went about his work, but really, who cares? That was a classic.

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Max Kellerman has never heard of Usyk has he? Kind of funny they were talking about Wilder being number two in the division. How any other opponent it would be his night Also how Andy Ruiz and AJ would be excellent fights for him.

Maybe it's just a case of bigging up one of their own.

But the US broadcaster seemed to forget entirely how Usyk holds the three other belts.

I think its a case of he was their only heavyweight hope. 

I think AJ v Wilder would be amazing. AJ has all the tools (when he's firing) to get rid of Wilder faster. But Wilder will find it easier to land. So that would be a ticking bomb of a fight. 

Also worth mentioning Fury now has a clean sweep of wins over Wilder.

The first fight he won on points, regardless of the farcical draw decision. Second fight he won by TKO as Wilder's corner threw the towel in. And this time was a KO as the ref waved it off with Wilder on the deck.

Be interesting to see where Fury goes from here.

Usyk and AJ will fight again in March. And then whoever wins probably won't return until end of 2022.

Fury will surely want to take a fight around April/May time next year. Dillian Whyte in a sold-out stadium in May would be a logical homecoming fight should Whyte beat Wallin later this month. I think he could be mandatory anyway.

Edited by Bris Vegas

5 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

What an absolute banger. For about 3 minutes there I had found a new respect for Wilder. Then he flounces and reminds me why I wanted to see him KO'd in the first place. 

On a positive note, that's the kind of fight we'll still be rabbiting on about in 10 years. Couple of things I don't really get as regards the way Tyson went about his work, but really, who cares? That was a classic.

I reserved any respect for him until he showed some. He doesn't deserve it if he can't give it. Maybe he will over the next couple of days but you wouldn't hold your breath would you?

No idea what the extra weight was about and any tactics seemed out the window by round 2, back to the old one two

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Also worth mentioning Fury now has a clean sweep of wins over Wilder.

The first fight he won on points, regardless of the farcical draw decision. Second fight he won by TKO as Wilder's corner threw the towel in. And this time was a KO as the ref waved it off with Wilder on the deck.

Be interesting to see where Fury goes from here.

Usyk and AJ will fight again in March. And then whoever wins probably won't return until end of 2022.

Fury will surely want to take a fight around April/May time next year. Dillian Whyte in a sold-out stadium in May would be a logical homecoming fight should Whyte beat Wallin later this month. I think he could be mandatory anyway.

Fingers crossed. Then Whyte gets his deserved shot, Tyson is in a big fight again and we keep the world title in British boxing. 

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Fingers crossed. Then Whyte gets his deserved shot, Tyson is in a big fight again and we keep the world title in British boxing. 

That would be ideal wouldn't it?

Tryng to think of other legit opponents for Fury next... Hrgovic, Michael Hunter or Gassiev if he wanted an easier fight but against a top 10-15 opponent people may have heard of.

Whyte would make the most sense should he win.

I don't think Frank Warren will want to pair him with Joe Joyce. Chisora has already been beaten by him twice and comfortably so. Parker doesn't seem viable anymore after losses against AJ and Whyte while he looked average against Chisora. 

And pointless putting him up against any opponent AJ has already beaten (except Whyte).

Hopefully they make it happen.

Saying all that, if Fury has a deal with Top Rank it will be Michael Hunter next I reckon in New York.

Edited by Bris Vegas

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

That would be ideal wouldn't it?

Tryng to think of other legit opponents for Fury next... Hrgovic, Michael Hunter or Gassiev if he wanted an easier fight but against a top 10-15 opponent people may have heard of.

Whyte would make the most sense should he win.

I don't think Frank Warren will want to pair him with Joe Joyce. Chisora has already been beaten by him twice and comfortably so. Parker doesn't seem viable anymore after losses against AJ and Whyte while he looked average against Chisora. 

And pointless putting him up against any opponent AJ has already beaten (except Whyte).

Hopefully they make it happen.

Saying all that, if Fury has a deal with Top Rank it will be Michael Hunter next I reckon in New York.

I was hoping that was his last fight of the current contract? Hoping now that he could manipulate a stadium fight here.

Hunter would be tricky if Fury was the heavy favourite and stuck purely with that Sugarhill style, don't you think? I'd still back Fury but it would potentially be more risk than reward and interest. 

Like you said, there's no interest in anyone off Joshua's record. Povetkin time gone, Parker time gone, Ruiz has two poor performances since AJ 1. Pulev time gone, Takam too many losses... 

Whyte, AJ and Usyk. Then I'd say get out with the health, wealth and legacy. 

Nightmare if Whyte loses to Wallin. Nobody wants Fury v Wallin II

What a fight!! Managed to watch it before work! Proper wanted fury to win this one because how wilder has reacted! Aint watched a fight and been that nervous for a boxer for a long time! Couldnt watch parts of it lol! 

Im not normally fussed who wins bouts but this one was different because if fury had lost, wilder would have said he had cheated last time and shown no respect or class to fury in his win! Furys and his team have handled themselves so well with all the ? wilder and his team have accussed them off! Really glad he won! 

Going to chill and watch it properly later with a beer knowing that he wins in the end lol! What a fight, credit has to go to both men for there heart! Huge respect to wilder as a boxer for his heart but cant stand the bloke in terms of his bad sportmanship! If fury loses his next fight i aint that fussed but would have hated it if he had lost to that idiot wilder!!

Was so chuffed for Fury, don't think I've ever wanted someone to win as badly as I did in this fight. 

Guy is an inspiration. A role model for everyone, but particularly for working class men and those struggling with mental health problems. If you haven't listened to his interview with Joe Rogan (and a few other outlets) talking about his lowest point driving his sports car.. I highly recommend it. As a father myself I could tear up thinking about how low he must have been to get to that point. 

The guys life is such an amazing story.