McClaren "in the frame" for QPR

Day

McClaren won't go anywhere until the end of the season, if he is to leave.

Potentially right now with Derby he has the chance to win a league title and a possibility of winning the FA cup. If he does either one of those he will be a damn hero, both and he'll be a legend. He has such a stable board and in Rush and Evans, two people who have done everything he has wanted. It is brilliant here right now. Every time McClaren has said we need some cover...a player has come in.

A wonderful time to be a Derby fan and I imagine a wonderful time to be manager/head coach.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't go to QPR because of Tony Fernandes, he went there to work with HR. One call to Harry, and Harry tells him why he left: Forget it, you wont be able to get any players you want, Steve ... contrast that with what happens at Derby where he gets anyone he wants. Any possible allure killed instantly. QPR tried to get Jarvis and were plum rejected, and Jarvis was our third choice after Lingard and Ince, supposedly. Does anyone doubt if Derby had wanted Jarvis we wouldn't have got him? Errr, no.  Add to that QPR are odds on for relegation. 

I'm sorry, but QPR would represent a step down at this moment of time.

Yes, you could point to the fact that they have PL football and more money, but their squad is so unbalanced it would take McClaren years to implement his style.

If we go up this season, chances are we'll be in a higher league than QPR but failing that I'd back us with our style and system in place to finish above them next season.

Oh, and not to mention there are clear differences between the clubs off the field. We're fresh and on an upward curve, QPR are about as 'washed up' as you can get for PL standards.

Think Steve has made enough bad managerial moves in his career to know what would be a good move or not. Certainly Newcastle or Qpr could possible offer him a financial package beyond what he his presently on at Derby.

However walking out on Derby at this time would put a massive blott on his cv for future positions ,having had the board support him   so well espescially in the latest transfer window.

I don't expect him to stay at Derby for ever but he must be enjoying his role at the moment and having played for us and work at the club with Jim surely some loyalty and allegiance with Derby has been created.

Unless Rodgers goes or similar I think we can sleep safe for at least a couple of seasons.

Don't think he would  consider spurs as a viable career move considering their chairman, number of managerial changes ect.

Steves in a good place at the moment and doing a fantastic job , not many managers can have has much support from fans and the board at the moment ,knowing even with a few hiccups ,poor signings ect his position would be safe as we appear to have a sensible long term business plan in place unlike most other clubs in any of the divisions.

Archived