McClaren "in the frame" for QPR

Day

Tim Sherwood has emerged as a frontrunner to become the next Queens Park Rangers manager.

Derby boss Steve McClaren and Real Madrid assistant coach Paul Clement are also in the frame to replace Harry Redknapp, 67, who resigned on Tuesday.

QPR chairman Tony Fernandes is keen to bring in a young and ambitious manager with a focus on nurturing young talent.

The Loftus Road club hope to appoint a new manager by the time they play at Hull on 21 February.

Sherwood, 45, is without a job after parting company with Tottenham in May 2014 following five months in charge.

McClaren is familiar to Fernandes, the former England manager having joined QPR as a coach under Redknapp in July 2013.

However, the 53-year-old is currently trying to steer Derby, who are second in the Championship, to promotion to the Premier League.

Clement, 43, has been assistant to manager Carlo Ancelotti at Chelsea, Paris St-Germain and currently at Real Madrid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31126636

Here we go again, do we really need McClaren to stand on top of the iPro stadium with a megaphone saying he's not interested in going to QPR?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see this happening. I'm not daft enough to think he won't ever leave the club but I can't see him jumping for a lower-half Premier League side. 

Stability and support is everything for a manager and McClaren has that in abundance here. It would have be an incredibly tempting offer for him to go, I just don't think QPR can supply that.

Newcastle with Mike Ashley isn't a terrifying prospect, either. Newcastle with Fernandes on the other hand would be a threat. If the Everton job comes up then I will start to worry. 

Who knows.  

If he wasn't interested in Newcastle, what on earth would attract him to QPR?. Just lazy journalism.

A very, very fat paycheck with assurances of top dollar to rebuild the team and he could keep his job irrespective of the division they're in next season.

There is nothing to suggest he wasn't interested in the Newcastle job.

A very, very fat paycheck with assurances of top dollar to rebuild the team and he could keep his job irrespective of the division they're in next season.

There is nothing to suggest he wasn't interested in the Newcastle job.

Well yes, but they can't even do that due to their massive debts and are already in a spot of FFP bother as it is.

Archived