McClaren "in the frame" for QPR

Day

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk Sport saying Sherwood favourite with Real Madrid lad and Macca also being interviewed. 

I hope that was a mistake.  

You're trying too hard, Troy.

I can't see this happening. I'm not daft enough to think he won't ever leave the club but I can't see him jumping for a lower-half Premier League side. 

Stability and support is everything for a manager and McClaren has that in abundance here. It would have be an incredibly tempting offer for him to go, I just don't think QPR can supply that.

Newcastle with Mike Ashley isn't a terrifying prospect, either. Newcastle with Fernandes on the other hand would be a threat. If the Everton job comes up then I will start to worry. 

Who knows.  

Yes it'll be the Everton job that will eventually lure him away. However I think we'll have a season or two of premiership behind us before that happens!

Nothing to see here people!

Lets look at facts.

Qpr - tiny ground, old players, bank rolled by fernandez, big debt, likely to go down to conference if relegated. Club on downward curve, one saleable asset of note, so many over the hill players on ridiculous wages = team spirit shot to pieces

Rams - big stadium with big crowds and room for expansion, big assets (hughes, marti, hendrick, russell, christie, thorne), on upward curve, big backing from stable board with best chief exec in the country

Lazy journalism as no-one in their right mind would leave Rams for mickey mouse side.

The idea that McClaren would even consider QPR is laughable. If he did I'd be gravely questioning his sanity. The butterfly nets wouldn't be far off.

Besides, Sherwood is going to get the job. And during the press conference he'll be sure to let everyone know that he's a manager. He knows it's a tough life, but he relishes the challenge because that's what managers have to face. And he's a manager. He doesn't let players hide, and if they don't like it well tough - because he's a manager, and that's what managers do.

I cannot wait. The man has such an inflated sense of self regard that his every interview has a nugget of vanity contained in it.

The idea that McClaren would even consider QPR is laughable. If he did I'd be gravely questioning his sanity. The butterfly nets wouldn't be far off.

Besides, Sherwood is going to get the job. And during the press conference he'll be sure to let everyone know that he's a manager. He knows it's a tough life, but he relishes the challenge because that's what managers have to face. And he's a manager. He doesn't let players hide, and if they don't like it well tough - because he's a manager, and that's what managers do.

I cannot wait. The man has such an inflated sense of self regard that his every interview has a nugget of vanity contained in it.

And to think I actually shook hands with the man when I got the chance to meet the team captains at the BBG in "19 hundred and frozen to death", when he played for Blackburn. He shook hands like a manager mind.....!

McClaren denies QPR link

Football

Posted at

16:52

Steve McClaren has laughed off speculation linking him with the vacant QPR manager's job, reports BBC Radio Derby's Owen Bradley.

"I answered that a few weeks ago (when he was linked to the Newcastle job) and it is the same answer now. Nothing changes. We laugh it off and move on quick," McClaren said in his weekly press conference today.

"So let's focus and concentrate on the job in hand which is trying to get Derby County into the Premier League."

Archived