McClaren "in the frame" for QPR

Day

Re - A wonderful time to be a Derby fan and I imagine a wonderful time to be manager/head coach.

A great one liner BondJovi

He didn't go to QPR because of Tony Fernandes, he went there to work with HR. One call to Harry, and Harry tells him why he left: Forget it, you wont be able to get any players you want, Steve ... contrast that with what happens at Derby where he gets anyone he wants. Any possible allure killed instantly. QPR tried to get Jarvis and were plum rejected, and Jarvis was our third choice after Lingard and Ince, supposedly. Does anyone doubt if Derby had wanted Jarvis we wouldn't have got him? Errr, no.  Add to that QPR are odds on for relegation.

Ninos, This is also the best reason why Steve would not go to Newcastle. Steve knows which players that he wants and the best way to keep him here is to give him them. See Sam Rush (aka the grinning Cheshire cat)and Chris Evans for details. Sam Rush looks well chuffed at the signings that he has made. I am beginning to think that a lot of players would like to play for Derby. Steve's list of loan signings is impressive and getting more impressive. Managers will be ringing Steve to get their starlets coached properly, see Brendon Rogers for details.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the ludicrous amount QPR are getting fined as soon as they go down, no manager in their right mind would want to join that car-crash of a god-awful football club.

Fernandes, Al-Hawasi - they're like the nut job villains from a DC comic, with too much money and not enough sense. They're sending these clubs to their graves.

QPR and Derby are Two Clubs going n Different Directions

Derby is the bigger club, better facilities, bigger Fan Base, Better Ground

QPR have the Million pound sugar daddy and a London Postcode

don't forget the uninterrupted views over Shepherd Bush Market, cash only, plain brown wrappings squire, know wot I mean, lavverly jabberly.....

no wonder 'arry felt right at home there.

The funniest thread on the QPR forum is them thanking Redknapp for the play off final.

Yes, cheers Harry for us barely mustering an attack in 120 minutes and Derby gifting us a goal, you played a blinder.

I wasn't aware it went to extra time!

Please don't prove me wrong ,I always thought Clough was going to be re-instated after resigning,

Likewise. And then when him and Taylor came back to the BBG for talks a few years later, I was so happy they were returning.

But I don't think we need to worry with this one - the thread's just clickbait from Daveo. Sherwood was always destined to replace 'Arry once Ferdinand got his foot in the door.

this explains why he pulled out of deals for Matt Phillips and Junior Hoillett. He wanted them there when he takes over!  :ph34r:

WUMming aside, QPR are in freefall, and it won't end when relegated, they will face an embargo and hefty fine too. He won't be able to afford the squad renovation that QPR will need.

So in summary:

Join a club likely to be relegated...

Join a club with a massive FFP fine ooming or possible court case of being kicked out of the football league....

Join a club that fails to sign any players despite having 14 players on their radar according to Harry...

Join a club where he doesn't have a trusted working relationship with the board and scouts...

Join a club with poor stadium, training ground and limited fan base...

The Flip Side

Stay with a club likely to be promoted

Stay with a club being run in a financially responsible way

Stay with a club playing football in such a way as players are prepared to drop down a league to be part of something special

Stay where head coach, CEO, shareholders and scouting staff work together as a team

Stay with a club with an excellent stadium, training ground, acedemy and fan base...

Errrmmmm .... now let me think..!!!

Archived