Mr Darren Ashley Bent

Day

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still, I'm standing by my appraisal that Chris Martin is a fat waste of space from a couple of years ago, what's he done lately? Bang average...

...because 15 goals in the league, the 2nd highest overall is exactly the stats you expect to see in a ''bang average'' player.

I can almost guarantee he'll force you to eat those words as well!

Bent is just too strong to push off the ball, combine this with natural poaching ability and a quick brain and you have a player who may appear to do very little except for scoring a bag of goals. This will do for me. Zamora with a vengeance. May be possible for the Rams to be totally outplayed and still win by a couple of Bent goals. Would have been 0-1 or 0-0 without Bent a couple of months ago. Bent knows that he will get lots of chances and he knows that he will put agood number away. Fozzy attacking and Shotton holding the fort is like Fozzy and Wisdom. This will do for me.

...because 15 goals in the league, the 2nd highest overall is exactly the stats you expect to see in a ''bang average'' player.

I can almost guarantee he'll force you to eat those words as well!

Jokes, YorkshireRam, just jokes me old fruitcake.

I loved Martin from the start.

Where in Yorkshire btw?

The difference last night, and I said this to the old man after 60 mins, was that we were nowhere near the ball, first or secone, in ans around their box. Even our quick passing moves appeared to catch our players off guard at times. The first time one of our players reacted quickest and got a foot on a loose ball in their box - 68 mins, Darren Bent, Goal!

Loved the second too, his turn of pace and acceleration to react after Martin's save was brilliant

i think Bent is going to be best used as an impact sub , as he was last night ,

must put the fear of god up the opposition . Even if he doesn't score , he will open

up the game for others to stick it in the old onion bag ..

Phew, I've seen so many people slate Martin on here, the line between jokes and reality are blurring into one.

And fairly near Wakefield.

HMP Wakefield?

Is it true that Bent is now Villa's top scorer in their squad? LOLZ to Lambert if that's so

I watched his first goal several times and I do not think that any of our other players would have scored it

Totally agree - and the second, playing one up front, there is rarely anyone there in the box to latch onto spilled shots. Bryson did a bit of that, but he didn't have the instinct for it that Bent has (and he's not playing!)

I still think we'll go with the same game plan though - switch to Operation Bent at 60 minutes if it's 0-0

Can't see us playing that line-up from the start of a game

He's got to start but accommodating him without fooking up the current system will always be difficult.

The only formation that would work would be the diamond (4-1-2-1-2) but slightly modified to have Martin deeper and Bent playing up top. We used it last night when Hendrick got pushed out to the right when the subs came.

The funny thing is, everyone is calling for Dawkins to play a more central role, using him a CM in a diamond is actually perfect for him, the same for Bryson as well.

Something like this.

http://sharemytactics.com/35646/

[url=http://sharemytactics.com/35646/]"http://sharemytactics.com/35646/Derby-formation-tactics" alt="Derby-formation-tactics">

I wouldn't start Bent if everyone is fit. 

But now that we have injuries, and wingers out of form, we could always play a flexible 4-4-2 which would be more like 4-1-3-1-1:

A normal back 5:

DM: Mascarell

CM/RM: Hendrick

CM: Hughes

LW: Ward

AM/ST: Martin

ST: Bent

Obviously Hendrick would go out to the right, but he wouldn't exactly be a 'right winger' and I assume attacks would be more focused on going down the left. If not, Bent could pull out wide right on occasions to keep shape with the normal 4-3-3.

It would just be a case of trying to get Bent as central as possible and still use Martin as a pivot to play off.

I don't particularly like it as such, but it's designed to get the best out of one of the most natural goal scorers in the league when faced with a winger shortage.

Archived