Omar

Gypsy Ram

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never mind. Let's just stick Buxton, or even better, a 33 year old left back (Warnock) in the second most important position in the team....

I bet you anything Bucko could handle it.

I didn't think omar did to bad first half at all and for 10 mins in 2nd half.But once forest cranked up the pressure on him and the rest of our team he did crumble.

Looking at both hendrick and omar yesterday I think they want swapping around.Omar seems a player suited more forward and hendrick perfect for defensive midfield but that's just me.

P.s I also thought the south stand was awful yesterday we were completely out sung all second half from the start and that's before they scored.

It seemed our players just thought they had to prance onto the pitch.When Hughes went off it changed the game and they say one man doesn't make a team.

And another thing !

The centre backs Keogh and Buxton.

Keogh - Decent but makes far to many silly errors in crucial games he needs replacing.You can forgive him one but he keeps doing it.

Buxton - Love him, His honesty and integrity shine thru,but he is punching slightly above hie weight,far to many times he has to wrestle players to the ground to get the better of them.

How about this      Raul albentosa and Shotton as a new pairing Keogh as cover buxton on loan somewhere.Yes im putting my tin hat on but its coming I tell you and soon.

I didn't think omar did to bad first half at all and for 10 mins in 2nd half.But once forest cranked up the pressure on him and the rest of our team he did crumble.

Looking at both hendrick and omar yesterday I think they want swapping around.Omar seems a player suited more forward and hendrick perfect for defensive midfield but that's just me.

P.s I also thought the south stand was awful yesterday we were completely out sung all second half from the start and that's before they scored.

It seemed our players just thought they had to prance onto the pitch.When Hughes went off it changed the game and they say one man doesn't make a team.

And another thing !

Keogh - Decent but makes far to many silly errors in crucial games he needs replacing.You can forgive him one but he keeps doing it.

Buxton - Love him, His honesty and integrity shine thru,but he is punching slightly above hie weight,far to many times he has to wrestle players to the ground to get the better of them.

How about this      Raul albentosa and Shotton as a new pairing Keogh as cover buxton on loan somewhere.Yes im putting my tin hat on but its coming I tell you and soon.

Tin hat at the ready - imagine the reaction input the ref had given a penalty for Buckos assault on Antonio at the corner. He would have lost some street credit then. I just want our defenders to head the ball away at corners!

And another thing !

How about this Raul albentosa and Shotton as a new pairing Keogh as cover buxton on loan somewhere.Yes im putting my tin hat on but its coming I tell you and soon.

If we had to loan out one of them, it'd be Keogh. Buxton makes ideal cover as he can play both sides of defence.

Just climbed out of my pit - needed 24 hours away from football. Enjoyed reading this thread, as I anticipated before I clicked on that Omar was going to be scapegoated. It pleases me that generally most agree it was not his fault yesterday, and that the boy is a sound footballer. He does not however have the physicality or experience to perform the sole CDM role, particularly in the championship. And yesterday in the second half he was our only midfield. I still don't think Thorne is going to be properly ready this season, so our priority must be to get a player in to the end of the season who can bring some nous and control. As for Omar, he deserves the opportunity to play in a more advanced role for us. At least like Hughes, he can control and pass a ball.

Wasn't we singing his name 1st half? I thought he was one of our better players but yes I did see people ordering him about.

2nd Half didn't notice him we couldn't pass two together kind of frustrating really. With Hughes he had a ball player I think also Russell 1st half was tackling everywhere second didn't see him much. Bananas god damn why didn't it end at half time!

I cannot believe how anyone can hold Mascarell responsible for the second goal. Bryson, Hendrick and Christie had all charged up for the goal kick, the one header forward put all of them out the game. Mascarell was shafted totally there.

I really think we should try him in one of the other two midfield positions. I think it is a big ask for him to do the CDM role, especially if the other two midfielders expect him to do it all! Talented player, let's support the guy.

I cannot believe how anyone can hold Mascarell responsible for the second goal. Bryson, Hendrick and Christie had all charged up for the goal kick, the one header forward put all of them out the game. Mascarell was shafted totally there.

I really think we should try him in one of the other two midfield positions. I think it is a big ask for him to do the CDM role, especially if the other two midfielders expect him to do it all! Talented player, let's support the guy.

They do because that tosser on RD tells them it's Omar's fault.. Eustace would have been everywhere blocking this, stopping that.. Would have been amazing to watch.

I don't think anyone could have been effective in that role on Saturday, Thorne included.. Bog all in front of him..

Beginning to think a big part of Eustaces success as regarding gaining the team results are his leadership skills, telling people where to go etc whereas Omar at his tender age isn't in a position to be able to do that sort of thing.

For instance why was Christie allowed to wonder half way into their half when Grant was kicking the ball out without anyone pointing out it was rather a silly position to be in at that stage. Surely Keogh ought to have noticed as captain and brought him back before any damage was done.

I still think the tackle itself by Omar wasn't great, but can perhaps understand he was wary of getting another yellow having already been booked and there were certainly others more culpable around him. The finger often points at him because we don't seem to get the same results when he is in the team for whatever reason, probably the overall organisation isn't as good and the midfield blend isn't quite right either though he obviously has some talent.

Eustace's experience means that the others have one less thing to worry about, they know he'll generally be in the right place at the right time. They need to have better awareness if Omar is playing.

The issue on Saturday for their winner was that Bent was meant to be playing right wing, yet he was stood in the middle screaming for the long kick. Christie either didn't notice or was just too keen to get forward. Which Russell normally covers him for.

I thought in the first half he was having a decent game. He does make some bad decisions from time to time but considering his age he is a good player. Not a great. ... but he can control a ball, make a pass, deliver good set piece balls. We had a bad 45 minutes, lacked a leader at a crucial time but to blame one individual is bonkers. He works hard, has skill and isn't a prima Donna.

School report IMO would say .. Willing particant in class but could do better. Needs more thought and concentration to fulfil his potential.

Archived