Omar

Gypsy Ram

Still can't really work out why anyone seriously thought Omar was here to develop as a genuine future first-team player for Real Madrid. He's miles off that.

You really don't know a footballer when you see one do you lol.

He's a fantastic player.

Real Madrid aren't a physical team you get much more time on the ball than La Ligament tan in the crunching Championship.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a fantastic player.

Real Madrid aren't a physical team you get much more time on the ball than La Ligament tan in the crunching Championship.

I agree he's a fantastic player, but do you know how good you have to be to play for Real Madrid? You have to be more than a good player. How many Real Madrid youngsters have turned into regular first team players in the past decade curtains? I can think of Jese and Carvajal (although they had to buy him back), and that's pretty much it.

There's a team full of Omars in Real Madrid's Academy. They loan them out for a couple of seasons and sell them on when they're 21-22, adding a buy-back clause just co cover themselves.

It's the way things work with Real. If he was ever going to be a first-team player, they'd have loaned them out to a top club like Sevilla or someone like that at his age, or they'd have kept him in the first teams squad. He's only here to push his price up.

I agree he's a fantastic player, but do you know how good you have to be to play for Real Madrid? You have to be more than a good player. How many Real Madrid youngsters have turned into regular first team players in the past decade curtains? I can think of Jese and Carvajal (although they had to buy him back), and that's pretty much it.

There's a team full of Omars in Real Madrid's Academy. They loan them out for a couple of seasons and sell them on when they're 21-22, adding a buy-back clause just co cover themselves.

It's the way things work with Real. If he was ever going to be a first-team player, they'd have loaned them out to a top club like Sevilla or someone like that at his age, or they'd have kept him in the first teams squad. He's only here to push his price up.

I can't believe this negativity about Omar I'm sure some people have never watched a game of football in their lives not you by the way .

I'm so unhappy right now about the stick he gets from some Derby fans even when he plays well.

He's a fantastic player.

Why has Omar this fantastic future Real Madrid first teamer played so little for Spain U18, U20, U21's etc.?

One game for the U20's and that's it, just a question. Surely it's not just Duracell that's not a good judge of a player. 

Why has Omar this fantastic future Real Madrid first teamer played so little for Spain?

One game for the U20's and that's it, just a question. Surely it's not just Duracell that's not a good judge of a player.

Fair question .

He signed a four year contract with Real Madrid just before he went out on loan.

He's learning but for me he is the most skillful player other than Hughes and Hendrick on Derbys books.

Calero is training with Burton Albion and he's a fantastic prospect.

This is football as Steve often says.

PS Comparing Omar to Candido Costa a winger who had up half his skill is ridiculous .

Calero is a better match to Candido Costa but much better.

Fair question .

He signed a four year contract with Real Madrid just before he went out on loan.

He's learning but for me he is the most skillful player other than Hughes and Hendrick on Derbys books.

Calero is training with Burton Albion and he's a fantastic prospect.

This is football as Steve often says.

Addison signed a contract with us before being loaned out, never played for us again. (Only example off the top of my head i could think of)

Calero, 18 games for Spain U16's-U19's, obviously some slip through the net but I just find it hard to take that he is this fantastic player has only managed 1 game yet future Real Madrid first teamer.

I'm not saying Omar is a bad player but I would be shocked if he ever played more than 5 games for Real's first team. 

The contract was probably signed to secure a fee if he impressed, let's be honest he could of tore this league a new one but still wouldn't be good enough for Real, they may have been able to sell for

100% yes.

Omar is (with Hughes and Thorne) the most cultured/technically gifted player we have at the club.

Am not convinced Mascarell has found his best position yet.

Anything under 2M would represent good business.

Amazing business Omar would be very good for Derby at that price.

Addison signed a contract with us before being loaned out, never played for us again. (Only example off the top of my head i could think of)

Calero, 18 games for Spain U16's-U19's, obviously some slip through the net but I just find it hard to take that he is this fantastic player has only managed 1 game yet future Real Madrid first teamer.

I'm not saying Omar is a bad player but I would be shocked if he ever played more than 5 games for Real's first team. 

The contract was probably signed to secure a fee if he impressed, let's be honest he could of tore this league a new one but still wouldn't be good enough for Real, they may have been able to sell for

Curtains, it's me and you bruv...

Would I like to see Omar play further up the pitch? Yes. Until Thorne is back and fully fit, do I think he is better that Eustace? Yes.

Is he a fantasic CDM? No.

Until Thorne is back Omar can do the CDM well for me at HOME

There is no alternative with Eustace injured and Thorne making his way back from injury.

The only IMO negative option would be Shotton or Warnock as CDM for home games which I don't want.

Revelation from me AWAY from home I'd go with Shotton or Warnock in CDM role to protect our back 4 .

PS I'm still very unhappy about the stick Omar gets from some Derby Fans.

Although the South Stand did chant his name which was music to my ears and his I'm sure.

Curtains, it's me and you bruv... 

Would I like to see Omar play further up the pitch? Yes. Until Thorne is back and fully fit, do I think he is better that Eustace? Yes.

Is he a fantasic CDM? No. 

The stats disprove that theory.

That's not to say Mascarell is bad, just that Eustace is very effective at what he does. I think Mascarell has come in for some unfair stick after the derby. He at least tried to put himself about. The failings were with our advanced midfielders more than Omar.

Think my Dad had just left school when Clough left Derby, so not shocked at all :)

I was shocked when Brian Clough left.

Protests all over Derby.

When he went to Forest I was so unhappy.

But Dave Mackay steadied the ship and we watched some amazing football .

Charlie George was my idol.

The stats disprove that theory.

That's not to say Mascarell is bad, just that Eustace is very effective at what he does. I think Mascarell has come in for some unfair stick after the derby. He at least tried to put himself about. The failings were with our advanced midfielders more than Omar.

"There must always be a scapegoat - and the scapegoat will never be the person who runs around a lot."

(Tito's Theorem)

"There must always be a scapegoat - and the scapegoat will never be the person who runs around a lot."

(Tito's Theorem)

Who is saying anything about Omar being a scapegoat. What is anyone actually blaming him for. The argument is that he isn't a CDM. And game after game he is proving it himself.

Who is saying anything about Omar being a scapegoat. What is anyone actually blaming him for. The argument is that he isn't a CDM. And game after game he is proving it himself.

Go back and read the bloody Forest thread before you post another asinine comment.

If Mascarell was one of our own, I think we would be praising him through the roof. He isn't and we're not.

He's a cracking player, he just needs experience. 

It stands to reason that we give our own young players more leeway. Of course young players need to learn the game to become properly effective and if we see potential in a young player we own we will be supportive because the experience he gains will likely benefit us in the future. That

Archived