Omar

Gypsy Ram

Don't think anyone can honestly say he is a poor player, or is to blame for the Forest result. He is very gifted and in a different side could be very good.

However, he isn't the player we need as our defensive mid, he just doesn't fit what we need from a player in that role. Not his fault and we're abit stuck with him, but I am in agreement with those who say we need a months loan to see us through till GT returns, a real defensive minded midfielder as apposed to a deep lying playmaker.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying he's a poor player but he's not a DM and not physical enough for the English game IMO definitely not for the championship. While Eustace is out I'd rather see Warnock in there if he's fit enough. He knows the champ he gets stuck in and can play a bit.

Not saying he's a poor player but he's not a DM and not physical enough for the English game IMO definitely not for the championship. While Eustace is out I'd rather see Warnock in there if he's fit enough. He knows the champ he gets stuck in and can play a bit.

Are there any other players other than Warnock that you would like to play completely out of position?

If the criteria is 'being able to get stuck in and play a bit', then why not play Bent up front and Martin as DM.

And yes, I am being facetious.

Are there any other players other than Warnock that you would like to play completely out of position?

If the criteria is 'being able to get stuck in and play a bit', then why not play Bent up front and Martin as DM.

And yes, I am being facetious.

Nothing to do with the fact he played DM for Blackburn at the same time as captaining the side or is that irrelevant ??

Also check the internet he's listed as a defensive midfielder on a few different sites including articles from Liverpool websites during his time there. Maybe if you spent more time researching or watching football than being facetious you would of known this already.

Nothing to do with the fact he played DM for Blackburn at the same time as captaining the side or is that irrelevant ??

Well, I stand corrected. I just assumed as he said in his interview that he was vying for a place in the side with Forsyth that he would be playing the left side of defence.

Also check the internet he's listed as a defensive midfielder on a few different sites including articles from Liverpool websites during his time there. Maybe if you spent more time researching or watching football than being facetious you would of known this already.

Consider me told off  :p  :p

Nah then.....

Get yer thinking caps on.

Real Madrid have just signed Lucas Silva, dogs blocks brazilian midfielder.....same age as Omar, same position.

Therefore they could be intending to sell omar.

Are we interested or what?

For me its a.........y...........

no.

Nah then.....

Real Madrid have just signed Lucas Silva, dogs blocks brazilian midfielder.....same age as Omar, same position.

100% yes.

Omar is (with Hughes and Thorne) the most cultured/technically gifted player we have at the club.

Am not convinced Mascarell has found his best position yet.

Anything under 2M would represent good business.

Omar will end up at a club like Getafe on a free transfer, spending the most of his career at the bottom of La Liga before moving on to a Serie B side. Mostyn will create a where are they now thread with him in the opening post in August 2025.

Nah then.....

For me its a.........y...........

no.

For me, the sooner he is removed from DM duties the better, but I'd like to see what he is capable of higher up the pitch so it's a see if he can play instead of Hendrick or Bryson in centre mid. If he is better than them, then maybe yes. If he isn't, then definitely no.

For me, the sooner he is removed from DM duties the better, but I'd like to see what he is capable of higher up the pitch so it's a see if he can play instead of Hendrick or Bryson in centre mid. If he is better than them, then maybe yes. If he isn't, then definitely no.

But Schteev is so slow in making those tactical changes. 

100% yes.

Omar is (with Hughes and Thorne) the most cultured/technically gifted player we have at the club.

Am not convinced Mascarell has found his best position yet.

Anything under 2M would represent good business.

Candido Costa was technically gifted but still wasn't any good. There are lots of things that make a good player and sadly he hasn't shown anywhere near enough to prove he would be an asset especially for a decent fee. 

Why? What a disgracefully ignorant comment! Have you seen how average ALL of our players look in ALL of their positions in certain games. You name ANY Derby player, past or present, and I'll name a game they played poorly in. Mascarell, admittedly is learning 'on the job', but there is only one way of learning in football, and that is by playing! You cannot buy experience, and you are not born with it. 

There are players in Premier League sides and La Liga sides, even at the Elite level who make mistakes. People regard Gerrard as a great, I remember him slipping over in a vital fixture last season, would you suggest he immediately removed from the position he was playing? I've seen Cristiano Ronaldo miss a sitter, should he be immediately removed from his position in the team? 

We are Derby County, and we are not in the Elite, so it stands to reason that we have players that make an occasional mistake. If those mistake were habitual, then it needs looking at, but anyone who says Mascarell makes repeat mistakes is clearly talking rubbish.

If his name was Omar Powell and he was from Alvaston, he'd be a legend, but for seem reason people want to scapegoat him.

You name me better players in his position is this division, and I'd be able to find footage of them making the kind of tiny errors (misplaced passes, poor first touch etc) that Mascarell has made.

I think you need to take a long hard look at yourself and re-assess your ridiculous and shamefully unrealistic expectations of footballers.

I'd love to follow you around your workplace as you make clumsy little errors and point them out and demand you be removed from your position!  :huh:  :angry:

Archived