Went to Derby for the

unclej

Can't understand why anyone can have a go at Savage. He always gave everything for Derby. He's that type of player. Maybe his performances weren't great at times but that is not down to his desire and commitment.

It's not Savage's fault DCFC offered him 20K a week for the remainder of his contract. Less we all forget, it was Savage that agreed to take a pay cut for the good of the club. Not many footballers around that would do that.

Seriously, what?!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We missed him when he retired. That is a fact. Obviously we don't miss him now but he left quite a big hole that we struggled to fill. Was a great captain for us, and he was quite good a lot of the time.

Just cos he's a complete cock on MOTD doesn't mean he's all bad. No idea why Derby fans don't like him.

We missed him when he retired. That is a fact.

That is not a fact, it's an opinion I strongly disagree with.

When Savage left Derby it was a day this club finally moved forward.

He was a shocking, terrible, absolute sideways donkey of a player that still sends shivers down my spine when I think of him in a Derby shirt.

If anyone thinks any of them do it for any other reason at all but for the money then they are totally deluded.

It's a job, footballers are just like you and I they go to work to earn money to put a roof over their families head, some food on the table and if possible a few nice treats now and again.

And just like you and I if the company down the road offered us more money to go and do the same job for them then we would all be off.

For what it's worth I thought Savage did ok for us, there were better players there were worse players, he certainly didn't hide like some of them and the way he dealt with Colin Gibson that time showed how much he cared.

The same Robbie Savage who took a pa.y cut to stay with us?

You don't spend a whole career in the top two flights of English football but just kicking people and playing sideways passes, he was in one of the best Blackburn sides of my lifetime. He was the legs and tugay the brain. He was the legs here but we had no one with a brain.

I'll always like the guy, anyone who takes what he says on the radio as his word is an idiot - they're paid to create a debate and stir up a buzz on their shows. Be a pretty **** show if they all shared the same opinion. He may have originally come to Derby for the money but I think by the time he left we were part of him (until Clough was sacked then he got the funnies with us).

Savage reduced his salary to extend his contract, so he gave us nothing really, as it was for his own interest.

For me, in retrospect, he was one of the worst signings we ever made as he became a huge millstone around our necks for many years.

It was obviously his legs had gone when he arrived - and he admitted as such on soccer am when he was during his frozen out stage by Jewell...

Does not surprise me at all. Awful footballer and awful pundit. Stole a living from Derby now were paying for him again through the public purse.

The only reason he signed that contract extension is because he knew he would not get football at another club as they could see he was finished, but he wanted to carry on.

Glad those days are behind us. 

He was the only one who had fight and helped out Nige.

I thought he did well. Took a pay cut too. 

Also, I won't believe he said that unless it is quoted by a reputable source or I hear the recording.

Furthermore, he usually says things to get a reaction.

I like him.

He was the only one who had fight and helped out Nige.

I thought he did well. Took a pay cut too. 

Also, I won't believe he said that unless it is quoted by a reputable source or I hear the recording.

Furthermore, he usually says things to get a reaction.

I like him.

It was take one last contract here, even on a reduced wage or nothing at all. Wasn't much of a choice. He was too sausage to go anywhere else.

Archived