Went to Derby for the

unclej

On tonights Radio 5 live someone commented upon the record low points accumulated by Derby in their Premiership year, until a certain someone signed for them, clearly alluding to Robby Savage.  Dear old Lilly then said, 'I went to Derby for one reason and for one reason only...' . The host said, 'The money?'  Lilly said nothing.  Disappointed by this comment, when he has always said he enjoyed his time with us.  I worked hard to see him play and I thought he was playing for the rams, not the bank. It always comes out with a big mouth.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His piece on MOTD analysing Gerrard was irony personified. Basically talking about not having any legs, doesn't move, receives the ball and passing sideways. Basically could be the other centre back because he doesn't move forward. Just reminded me perfectly of when he used to get the ball, dance around it because he literally couldn't dribble even 1 yard before passing sideways. That year absolutely ruined James Bailey's career.

His piece on MOTD analysing Gerrard was irony personified. Basically talking about not having any legs, doesn't move, receives the ball and passing sideways. Basically could be the other centre back because he doesn't move forward.

I heard that.

What was strange was the previous week he was arguing that Gerrard should play further forward as an attacking midfielder.

On tonights Radio 5 live someone commented upon the record low points accumulated by Derby in their Premiership year, until a certain someone signed for them, clearly alluding to Robby Savage.  Dear old Lilly then said, 'I went to Derby for one reason and for one reason only...' . The host said, 'The money?'  Lilly said nothing.  Disappointed by this comment, when he has always said he enjoyed his time with us.  I worked hard to see him play and I thought he was playing for the rams, not the bank. It always comes out with a big mouth.

I can understand why he came to us.

What I can't understand is why we went for him.

Ive not read all this thread nor do i wish to.

But.... whilst he might have come to derby for the money in the first instance.

Im pretty sure once we were relegated he wasnt here for the money at all.

he certainly gave it more, and was more professional than many others in his time here.

dress it up as much as you want rams fans

Can't understand why anyone can have a go at Savage. He always gave everything for Derby. He's that type of player. Maybe his performances weren't great at times but that is not down to his desire and commitment.

It's not Savage's fault DCFC offered him 20K a week for the remainder of his contract. Less we all forget, it was Savage that agreed to take a pay cut for the good of the club. Not many footballers around that would do that.

Archived