The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear. Clearly don't think much of that performance..

ScreenShot2015-01-31at212136

I thought Peltier did pretty well today. He looked strong in defence. Revell posed us problems in the air but should have done better when put through by Whittingham. Jones did okay when he came on.

Other than that, they were pretty poor.

I was just surprised by their lack of determination when two down.

why?? He didn't deserve at the time to be treated so disgustingly.

We've got no idea what he was like behind closed doors. From what transpired I think he got exactly what he deserved. He's also being found out for the overrated manager he actually is, at Wigan.

Why not give our team some credit eh? Every time we beat anyone its because we were average and they were crap. Whenever we draw or lose its because we were crap

Thought we were good v Blackburn. Yesterday was good off the ball but just 'good enough' on it.

McClaren wasn't too pleased in the 2nd half.

Thought we controlled the game even off the ball. They had no clue how to get through us.

Quick scan over the Bolton forums, they say that this is their/everyones hardest game of the season.

A few also state that it will be harder than playing against the Bin Dippers at home.

The vast majority are settling for a point, 'Jaffka' goes on to say that a draw would be a 'fantastic achievement'.

On the basis of a look at the Championship table it would seem that Bournemouth and Derby look to be the favourites for automatic promotion but, as the saying goes, no one gets promoted for topping a table in February.

I have been covering the second tier for many seasons and the only certainty I have ever encountered is that, year on year, it has got harder and harder for teams to win promotion to the Land of the Golden Goose that is the Premier League. Put another way, the quality of the teams and the players in them has increased so much that the spread of sides capable of automatic promotion has steadily dropped further and further down the table to such an extent that in recent years any team from the top half has been capable of getting into the top two places.

Looking at the table as it stands Bournemouth are neck and neck with Derby, then you have Middlesbrough a point back in third place before in sixth and final play-off spot are Watford, 7 points from second. Wolves in seventh are only two points behind Watford, but the gap between eighth placed Norwich and Blackburn in ninth is 5 points, and that gap looks like the biggest to bridge so I think it may be safe to say that the three teams who will be Premier League clubs come May will be from the current top eight.

Bournemouth are doing incredibly well under Eddie Howe but I have my reservations. They are almost as dominant in the second tier as Leicester were last season but look at them now. Eddie Howe tried desperately hard to recruit Demarai Grey from Birmingham City but after increasing bids up to the final figure of

On the basis of a look at the Championship table it would seem that Bournemouth and Derby look to be the favourites for automatic promotion but, as the saying goes, no one gets promoted for topping a table in February.

I have been covering the second tier for many seasons and the only certainty I have ever encountered is that, year on year, it has got harder and harder for teams to win promotion to the Land of the Golden Goose that is the Premier League. Put another way, the quality of the teams and the players in them has increased so much that the spread of sides capable of automatic promotion has steadily dropped further and further down the table to such an extent that in recent years any team from the top half has been capable of getting into the top two places.

Looking at the table as it stands Bournemouth are neck and neck with Derby, then you have Middlesbrough a point back in third place before in sixth and final play-off spot are Watford, 7 points from second. Wolves in seventh are only two points behind Watford, but the gap between eighth placed Norwich and Blackburn in ninth is 5 points, and that gap looks like the biggest to bridge so I think it may be safe to say that the three teams who will be Premier League clubs come May will be from the current top eight.

Bournemouth are doing incredibly well under Eddie Howe but I have my reservations. They are almost as dominant in the second tier as Leicester were last season but look at them now. Eddie Howe tried desperately hard to recruit Demarai Grey from Birmingham City but after increasing bids up to the final figure of

Some quotes off the Bournemouth forum ahead of the game on Tuesday:

"The Derby forum makes reference to a 'midfield tripod' to overrun our two centre-mids. That being the case, I wonder if Eddie will try to match them up,or just play our normal game. If its the latter, then I worry a little about losing the midfield battle and getting picked off."

"It's a big game, but there's 17 big games leFt. 

Think both teams will cancel each other out."

"I see a couple of them on there think they play better football and can out pass us and have better players for that style of play. 
Really ? I hope they do think that ..."

Shaping up to be a cracking contest. Both sets of fans seem a bit nervous I reckon.
Although I do think on our day we should be able to beat them. Just a matter of hitting the ground running, and holding our concentration for the full 90 minutes.

Archived