DCFC Fans Official Player of the Year Thread

valleyram

Official DCFC Fans Members POTY Poll  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a three horse race for me.

Martin, Buxton and Bryson. 

all three of them have been superb this season. As for players improving under Mac, it's noticeable in some but not in others.

Grant, Forsyth and Buxton for me have improved a lot under him. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buxton for me.

I wouldn't disagree with anyone who picked Martin or Bryson.

I'd just absolutely love for the fans to vote for Jake. It would mean the world to him, and he's earned it more than anyone. He's typified our slow but sure turnaround since the Premier League fiasco and I'd love his name to be on the Jackie Stamps Trophy to reflect that.

Would he have dreamed when he signed that he might one day be a contender for player of the season in a promotion-chasing Derby side?

Buxton for me.

I wouldn't disagree with anyone who picked Martin or Bryson.

I'd just absolutely love for the fans to vote for Jake. It would mean the world to him, and he's earned it more than anyone. He's typified our slow but sure turnaround since the Premier League fiasco and I'd love his name to be on the Jackie Stamps Trophy to reflect that.

Would he have dreamed when he signed that he might one day be a contender for player of the season in a promotion-chasing Derby side?

That's my thoughts down to a tee. I've always rated him as a good player, but this season I think he has been more often than not our best player in a lot of games.

Quite simply one of the best centre-backs in the league. 

A tough one this season. Bryson, Martin, Bucko probably first choices but Forsyth, Grant, Wisdom, Eustace have all made a difference to the team.

I voted Bryson for consistency and for putting the hat trick hoodoo to bed (twice) 

It will inevitably go to either Martin or Bryson for the goals. 33 league goals between them is no mean feat - more than the entire Charlton team have scored all season.

However, I think Bucko should get it. His attitude is top drawer, and he would be made up to receive it - and as previous posters have said, typifies Derby's transformation since relegation from PL.

His contract is out in the summer...

Was thinking that too, definitely made a handful of crucial saves this season. Anyone who was at Wigan away will remember what a half he had there, made 2 or 3 top draw saves.

The save he made at Blackpool last night was absolutely incredible - strength, lightning reactions and agility.

Tough one. But as I see it:

Forsyth has improved most.

Martin has been our most valuable player.

God can tie Bucko's shoelaces.

Hughes is our best footballer.

But player of the year belongs to Bryson.

What a nice position to be in where we have several credible options for player of the year.

My vote goes to Martin though: even if he's not scoring he's always involved. He has a great touch and vision to bring others into the game.

Whoever's voted for Sammon, you guys are just hilarious. I bet you love Emile Heskey jokes too.

When David Pleat was doing summaries on the radio some years ago, he told the story about how, after every training session at Leicester, someone had to show him the way to the station to get home, otherwise he got lost.

I think we ought to have a whip round and get a little tacky cup on a marble base with "dcfcfans.co.uk player of the year" engraved on it.

Then get the club to give it him and get a picture of him holding it.

Pass it on next year.

I think we ought to have a whip round and get a little tacky cup on a marble base with "dcfcfans.co.uk player of the year" engraved on it.

Then get the club to give it him and get a picture of him holding it.

Pass it on next year.

Will your funds stretch that far , bearing in mind you've still to provide the P L trophy ?

Archived