DCFC Fans Official Player of the Year Thread

valleyram

Official DCFC Fans Members POTY Poll  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I reckon the following have been a level above anyone else , bryso , bucko , Chris Martin and Craig Forsyth, they have all been superb and from a personal point of view I think bryso will win it , however a massive well done to Nigel Clough who spotted these 4 guys and made them better players

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't make this into another NLN thread. Yes, he brought them to the club, but they've played exponentially better under SMc.

Bryson will win it, it's hard to say he won't. However, it's an absolute testament to Craig Forsyth that he could be mentioned in this conversation without ridicule, especially, if you read these boards at the start of the season.

I would say Forsyth is the only one that has improved beyond recognition since the arrival of the new management team.

Really is a toss up between the 4 players for me. Personally I would go with Martin apart from his theatrics and rolling around annoy me, therefore will vote for Bryson.

Just because of his improvement, which is all down to Mac & Co,  i will vote for Forsyth, he has come on leaps and bounds... I think that with the confidence he will get from being in the POY frame will also help him next season, because he is a 'confidence' sort of player.

Well done young man :)

He wont win it tho, it will go to Bryson i think, altho Martin scoring 20+ is a great achievement too...

Why vote before the end of the season?

At this point I'd say that Bryson and Martin are joint winners, with Jake only a whisker behind. All three could still claim the prize - especially by scoring a hatrick a Wembley.

It is also pretty brilliant that both Forsyth and Grant have improved so much that they are now consistently playing at the same level as the 'top three' - but I feel that both of their form in the early part of the season prevents them from seriously challenging.

Hughes is also a tricky one. For an eighteen year old he has been magnificent, yet I don't think that he has been quite outstanding enough to edge out the others. Amazingly for his age he is just so consistent, and contributes in every game. However,he needed a few more goals and a couple of real stand-out performances to really challenge.

But what a brilliant season - six credible candidates. What a change from when the team were so useless that they daren't award a POTY.

Don't make this into another Clough thread. Yes, he brought them to the club, but they've played exponentially better under SMc.

Bryson will win it, it's hard to say he won't. However, it's an absolute testament to Craig Forsyth that he could be mentioned in this conversation without ridicule, especially, if you read these boards at the start of the season.

Brought him to the club.... didnt know how to play him though, stick him right mid that will do. 

I'm no-doubt in a minority of one but my vote goes to Eustace.  Everything good about the team comes from the shape he has given us.  He protects the defence and makes their jobs a lot easier and them look better players. He frees-up Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson to get forward to score goals and damage the opposition and the shape he gives the team helps make Martin the effective player he has become this season.

For me the un-sung hero of the season.

Archived