MOVEMENTSwiss Ronda 517

CROWN TYPEScrew Down

DIAL DIAMETER38mm

CASE DIAMETER44mm

CASE DEPTH12.1mm

WEIGHT80g

WATER RESISTANCE100m

BATTERY LIFE3-4 Years

Nice watch for work as I mainly work nights, £325, Christmas treat to myself ?

IMG_0015.PNG

On Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 19:41, EastHertsRam said:

Yeah Cisse, I'm disappointed in you, a ******' ETA 2892 movement, dear dear. :(

On Thursday, November 17, 2016 at 20:03, Cisse said:

I think ETA is a good movement which does its job very well. Accurate and easy to service. I do like the artwork of the movements but there is so much more going on in a nice watch. I'm not a big watch snob although I admire good watches and I can be pleased without a in house movement.

That Bell & Ross is 43mm and it's just the limit my wrist can handle if the strap is well made and the watch isn't too high.

Cisse,

The 2892 is a very good movement, don't listen to them, they just trying to wind you up.....

7 hours ago, toddy said:

Cisse,

The 2892 is a very good movement, don't listen to them, they just trying to wind you up.....

Cisse knows I was only kidding, I wouldn't know an ETA 2892 if you smacked me round the earhole with one. I love watches but it's just about what the dial looks like for me, a bit like cars, like how some look, no interest in what makes it work although I do admire the skill of a good watch/clock maker, mechanics ? meh.

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

Cisse knows I was only kidding, I wouldn't know an ETA 2892 if you smacked me round the earhole with one. I love watches but it's just about what the dial looks like for me, a bit like cars, like how some look, no interest in what makes it work although I do admire the skill of a good watch/clock maker, mechanics ? meh.

9 hours ago, toddy said:

Cisse,

It was the pun, oh I'm wasted on here.....:lol:

On 08/12/2016 at 21:53, froggg said:

Technical Specifications

CASE FINISHBlack PVD

STRAP TYPEBlack Leather Strap with Black PVD Buckle and Studs

CRYSTALSapphire with triple anti-reflective coating

? GTLSHands and Dial

MBSNo

MOVEMENTSwiss Ronda 517

CROWN TYPEScrew Down

DIAL DIAMETER38mm

CASE DIAMETER44mm

CASE DEPTH12.1mm

WEIGHT80g

WATER RESISTANCE100m

BATTERY LIFE3-4 Years

Nice watch for work as I mainly work nights, £325, Christmas treat to myself ?

IMG_0015.PNG

Went for this in the end

Movement: Ronda 5030.D QuartzCase: PVD Coated Stainless SteelBezel: PVD Coated Stainless Steel with Rotating bezelCrystal: SapphireDiameter: 46mmDepth: 13.7mmWeight: 109g (Standard Strap)Illumination: GreenWater resistance: 100m

IMG_0016.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 09:57, toddy said:

Finally decided to get myself another automatic, Christmas treat so purchased the bronze watch top right in the video - love the idea as its bronze and will weather/change colour whilst I wear it, making it unique one off. You only live once.....

• 1 month later...

Love nice watches, the craftsmanship and the mystique around some brands but it has got very blingy and marketing hyped over the last 10 / years. Bit like the premier league 

A chunky masculine stylish watch is one thing but walking around with half a kilo of rapper bad taste on your wrist always seems vulgar to me. 

I wonder if slim, delicate and elegant will ever make a comeback or will they for evermore be "my dads" watch territory and see a bit dull for that reason  ? 

Incidentally if anyone needs a watch mending/servicing there is a guy called Paul Gamble in Derby (proper institute of horologists etc) who is excellent with old watches. ... He fixed my Audemars and I'd trust him completely. 

On 2/1/2017 at 23:03, steve brummie said:

Really pleased with my latest watch.

I've wanted a Bulova since my days listening to Radio Luxembourg 208 on my tranny (radio that is!)

1973 Bulova Ambassador...£50 inc delivery.

image.jpeg

Not watch related but listening to Radio Luxembourg under the bed clothes on a tranny that faded and whistled is one of my all time early teen memories .Bryan Hyland Sealed with a Kiss always reminds me of that time .   

9 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Not watch related but listening to Radio Luxembourg under the bed clothes on a tranny that faded and whistled is one of my all time early teen memories .Bryan Hyland Sealed with a Kiss always reminds me of that time .   

The bedclothes acted as an aerial to aid reception of Medium Wave 208 and 49.26 metres on shortwave!??