watches....to dream on for

froggg

I read an article about a Rolex watch enthusiast whose mate had just bought a 'fake' for about a tenner. He said that the two were identical in every respect (except for the movement, of course), just that the fake was a little lighter in weight.

Ironically, the fake kept better time.

Fake watches from a looky looky man are a must purchase on holiday.

we went on a lads holiday and all purchased a fake watch and the bet was if anyone's broke before we returned home they had to buy 2 bottles of vodka for pre drinks. 2 lads watches didn't last 3 days.

5 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I read an article about a Rolex watch enthusiast whose mate had just bought a 'fake' for about a tenner. He said that the two were identical in every respect (except for the movement, of course), just that the fake was a little lighter in weight.

Ironically, the fake kept better time.

some excellent fakes on the market, I could easily pick out a fake watch from the 80's and earlier but new watches I wouldn't trust myself and was actually stung on a few occasions before I finished collecting.

4 hours ago, Cisse said:

I didn't mind about those fake watches until I learned that some of the money spend on those is used to finance terrorists in far east. Of course it's the case with other products too.

It should be destroyed like all fakes, if I took a fake Monet to France to have it authenticated and it was deemed a fake they would destroy it, so why not watches?

10 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BREITLING-B-2-Chronograph-A42362-100m-Automatic-Stainless-Steel-Mens-Watch-/172374635415?hash=item2822543397:g:rPkAAOSwPCVYAL2E

If I add another to my collection, it would probably be a BREITLING B-2 Chronograph, I am an admirer :wub:. Won't let me embed images.

That's very bling mate... Pimp stuff :whistle:

Thats what I love about watches though, something for everyone and every occasion. The only thing I can't get on with is leather straps.. Find them really uncomfortable, like my watches to be fairly loose on the wrist.

32 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

That's very bling mate... Pimp stuff :whistle:

Thats what I love about watches though, something for everyone and every occasion. The only thing I can't get on with is leather straps.. Find them really uncomfortable, like my watches to be fairly loose on the wrist.

Leather (watch) straps are more comfortable to leave on at night, but they can take on a character of their own after a few days!?

3 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

c60-43-gm-range.png

Angry, I got one of these in June, very pleased with it, might be worth checking out, you could tell the Mrs it's considerably cheaper than the Omega so you've saved a packet, she'll think you're marvellous. :D

I'm liking that... 

Will have to wait, just told her she is going to England v Spain next week with work.. I'm in hiding at the moment.

:whistle:

4 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Don't know much about this company.. The lad is looking for something and we both like this.

Victorinox Night Vision.

2iuxsoi.jpg

Cisse might be your man for that Angry, I know f@ck all...about anything really :lol: Check out Christopher Ward's site sometime though, he does some quite good stuff, reasonably priced.

11 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Cisse might be your man for that Angry, I know f@ck all...about anything really :lol: Check out Christopher Ward's site sometime though, he does some quite good stuff, reasonably priced.

I've bought the missus a couple of Chris Wards watches, both been great value and no quibbles when something went wrong with one, returned fixed within 7 days free of charge, even though it was a bargain basement one!