watches....to dream on for

froggg

I went away last year with a group of lads and one of the mentalists that was there and clearly had more money than sense (friend of friend of friend) had a hublot, king power special one watch. Reckoned there was only 100 or so made and said he'd paid £34k for it. Didnt know how true it was but heres the link to the one he had. I think they had a few other versions of it out in different colours or without the 'king' part in the title

http://www.thewatchgallery.com/shop/hublot-king-power-the-special-one-automatic-mens-watch-701-oq-0138-gr-spo14.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&network=google&utm_campaign=[Mobile]_-_[DSA]_-_[Test]&adgroup=DSA_TEST&matchtype=b&utm_term=_cat%3Awatches&utm_content=dsa-40590162676&gclid=CKq90brS98sCFQtAGwodyeUDIA

19 hours ago, G-Ram said:

I went away last year with a group of lads and one of the mentalists that was there and clearly had more money than sense (friend of friend of friend) had a hublot, king power special one watch. Reckoned there was only 100 or so made and said he'd paid £34k for it. Didnt know how true it was but heres the link to the one he had. I think they had a few other versions of it out in different colours or without the 'king' part in the title

http://www.thewatchgallery.com/shop/hublot-king-power-the-special-one-automatic-mens-watch-701-oq-0138-gr-spo14.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&network=google&utm_campaign=[Mobile]_-_[DSA]_-_[Test]&adgroup=DSA_TEST&matchtype=b&utm_term=_cat%3Awatches&utm_content=dsa-40590162676&gclid=CKq90brS98sCFQtAGwodyeUDIA

I understand that the brands use legends to sell their watches but Jose Mourinho ? That's lame. Muhammad Ali, Michael Schumacher and Miles Davis, now they are legends.

32 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

So what do you reckon? No original documents or box but still a lovely item.

http://www.foweyriver.com/jaeger-lecoultre-ladies-vintage-watch

Well the watch itself is just beautiful. Truly a piece of art. I wouldn't worry about documents and original box in this case. It has been restored by a respected professional and it has a guarantee so everything should be in order. The fact that the glass has been changed from original and probably the original doesn't come with it might matter some at least for some professionals. For me though this watch seems a great buy if the price is right.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/04/2016 at 13:12, Cisse said:

Well the watch itself is just beautiful. Truly a piece of art. I wouldn't worry about documents and original box in this case. It has been restored by a respected professional and it has a guarantee so everything should be in order. The fact that the glass has been changed from original and probably the original doesn't come with it might matter some at least for some professionals. For me though this watch seems a great buy if the price is right.

Well, I bit the bullet and bought it. Managed to get about 15% knocked off. It helped that I've bought from him before and have met him in person.

Had to use a bit of subterfuge to get it delivered to a mate's house so the missus doesn't know I've got it for her yet.

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 12:28, Phoenix said:

So what do you reckon? No original documents or box but still a lovely item.

http://www.foweyriver.com/jaeger-lecoultre-ladies-vintage-watch

I used to trade in ladies watches, I loved beuche girod and cartier watches, I love old Omega watches but the ladies watches were troublesome pre quartz, when they went through the post 9 times out of 10 the balance wheel would break. ahh memories, regarding hublot watches not a fan :unsure:

32 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Well, it's arrived. Absolute gem, and it's running! The packaging was fantastic so no damage in transit. Fabulous.

Did it arrive running, I used to pull the winder out and put a brace on it so it wouldn't move in transit, lovely looking watch, Jaeger are special watches.

1 hour ago, LesterRam said:

Did it arrive running, I used to pull the winder out and put a brace on it so it wouldn't move in transit, lovely looking watch, Jaeger are special watches.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the winder was pulled out. The movement of the winder is very slight,and I realised I was moving the hands. So I set the time and snapped it in - minimal movement - but the winder apperaed to be fully wound. Anyway, the watch ran and kept time. I need to see what time it stops to ascertain how fully wound it was.

To be honest, the time is almost, almost, of secondary consideration. It is such a beautiful, delicate piece of jewelry.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...