watches....to dream on for

froggg

21 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

My brother has the apple watch.  He makes calls from it - very star trek like. When I grew up I want to be just like him. 

Apart from that flashy watches are for drug dealers, poncy wannabes or rich Arabs from dubai.

Wanna buy something? Ounce of this or that?

Caravan? 

Joking aside, (plus Angry didn't bite, thank god) do people agree that the items that are faked the most kind of make wearing the real thing less attractive?

i mean, for instance, Daveo sold me some in ear earphones once, them with the red flat leads. First time I wore them I was asked where I got the fakes from?

Now, I assume Daveo didn't bend me over and make me have it from a far, but the point remains, if people think they're fakes does it make it less attractive to buy a real one?  Obviously a real one is probably an investment, I get that, but the poseability factor must be devalued surely?

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Joking aside, (plus Angry didn't bite, thank god) do people agree that the items that are faked the most kind of make wearing the real thing less attractive?

i mean, for instance, Daveo sold me some in ear earphones once, them with the red flat leads. First time I wore them I was asked where I got the fakes from?

Now, I assume Daveo didn't bend me over and make me have it from a far, but the point remains, if people think they're fakes does it make it less attractive to buy a real one?  Obviously a real one is probably an investment, I get that, but the poseability factor must be devalued surely?

indeed..

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

If they are deemed worthy to fake, does that not make the real thing more attractive?

Yes someone could have a snide Rolex, no problem... Those wearing the real ones, know they are real.

If you are fortunate enough to buy a new one then you keep all the paperwork as back-up. No dispute then. You buy a watch for you surely.. Yes, I am prepared to spend a few quid on a watch.. Not for everyone, I get that. I am fortunate that I am in a position where I can. That certainly has not always been the case but at the moment I can.

The watch in the front is a Casio Ediface, I love that watch as much as the others.. Fraction of the price but still a nice watch.

Poseability (is that a word), I get that but that would not stop me buying anything I liked. If you buy a BMW, does that qualify as 'Poseability'? Does buying posh coffee qualify as well? I say, if it floats your boat, then do it. Why the fook not? 

Cisse and I have different tastes in watches. Long may differing tastes continue.. 

I don't think fake watches devalue the real ones. On the contrary I think it makes the real ones more desirable perhaps. For me the value of the watch is in the craftmanship, artwork and technical achievments of the watch.

The fact that I can get most of money back if I need to sell is a nice bonus. So is the thought that my watch will go on generations after I'm passed away with someone supposedly appreciating it.

On 12/11/2016 at 19:49, Boycie said:

Behave! Wouldn't buy fakes, I don't even like fake boobs.

25 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Is that the actual size? It is a trifle large.

Seriously, I'm a bit surprised that you're interested in a watch that has a ETA 2892 movement. I imagine they (the movements) are mass-produced. I thought it was all about the watchmaker's art.

I think ETA is a good movement which does its job very well. Accurate and easy to service. I do like the artwork of the movements but there is so much more going on in a nice watch. I'm not a big watch snob although I admire good watches and I can be pleased without a in house movement.

That Bell & Ross is 43mm and it's just the limit my wrist can handle if the strap is well made and the watch isn't too high.