watches....to dream on for

froggg

With Cisse in mind....

https://www.loomeswatches.com/auction

You can own this incredible watch, that has been to Everest twice (and survived) and to support a charity who in turn are supporting the people of Nepal. 
Bonhams is running an online auction from NOW - 7th November at 3pm.
Bid now!

www.bonhams.com/auctions/24901/ 

It gives me great pleasure to let you know that our entirely British made wristwatches summited Everest this year with the Royal Gurkha Regiment. They carried them specifically to raise money for the very poorest, mountain regions of Nepal. As I am sure you are aware, Nepal suffered dreadfully in the Earthquake of 2015 and again with catastrophic flooding this year.

The Mountain Trust, a small charity based in Cambridge, specifically works in mountain districts of Nepal. In a country with erratic and sometimes no schooling in remote districts they launched  Radio Guru. It broadcasts FM radio lessons, led by experienced teachers. The station has an audience of some 44,000 mountain Nepalis, many of whom would have no other access to education.

We hand-built an unique manual winding wristwatch for them. The case and dial were made by us for the Mountain Trust and the movement is a highly adapted English (new old stock) movement built by Smiths. It is a rare Imperial model, the most expensive movement ever produced in Britain. We re-built it to run at extremes of temperature (the climbing team dealt with temperatures between -40 degrees and + 35 degrees centigrade) and the watch went out on both the aborted 2015 expedition and the hugely successful 2017 expedition.

The skill and expertise of the climbers was beyond question. The RGR team were the first people, climbing alongside Sherpas, to summit this year. Nine serving soldiers, all climbing instructors, and three British officers summited. The army described it as the most successful Everest expedition the British army had ever undertaken.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Am a watch addict ,,, am doing some  Leadwork for a friend who is a Jewler ,, tried on a watch on that he’s just bought ,sent a pic to the wife see if she was ok with me buying it ,, she said no ,,, Rolex Daytona Paul Newman £100 k ,,,,,, looked nice on my wrist

46 minutes ago, archied said:

Am a watch addict ,,, am doing some  Leadwork for a friend who is a Jewler ,, tried on a watch on that he’s just bought ,sent a pic to the wife see if she was ok with me buying it ,, she said no ,,, Rolex Daytona Paul Newman £100 k ,,,,,, looked nice on my wrist

Been trying to get a 2017 Daytona Cosmograph but the waiting list is starting to run into years.

Thats a classic the Paul Newman one. 100k on your wrist... Watch out for mopeds.

10 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Been trying to get a 2017 Daytona Cosmograph but the waiting list is starting to run into years.

Thats a classic the Paul Newman one. 100k on your wrist... Watch out for mopeds.

I’m ok , he didn’t let me out the shop with it,,, but your right it’s too much money for anybody to be wearing on their wrist ,, 

some of the Bremont s are nice looking watches and a bit less obvious but can’t justify buying another watch 

Edited by archied

3 hours ago, archied said:

I’m ok , he didn’t let me out the shop with it,,, but your right it’s too much money for anybody to be wearing on their wrist ,, 

some of the Bremont s are nice looking watches and a bit less obvious but can’t justify buying another watch 

I'm weak.. :o

Got my eye on this one.. Maybe later in the year. :ph34r: Better not tell Mrs Angry.

Capture Watch.PNG

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

I'm weak.. :o

Got my eye on this one.. Maybe later in the year. :ph34r: Better not tell Mrs Angry.

Capture Watch.PNG

I bought the super ocean 44 special in black, got a good deal in  Puerto Banus

Edited by archied

This is the one I got my final warning on when bought in a moment of love struck weakness last year ,,, bloody women

0D0354B1-B0D4-4728-AC0D-36BF5E4D4A6F.jpeg