Ollie Watkins - Signed for Brentford

Arsene Titman

8 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

With Mourinho in charge at United, any young player with potential should think twice about joining them. His record of nurturing young players isn't the best.

I have no idea where this myth comes from.

Surely Zouma, Varane, Rashford & co disagrees.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I have no idea where this myth comes from.

Surely Zouma, Varane, Rashford & co disagrees.

Varane was brought in at a fee reckoned to be around €10m, Zoumas' fee was £12m and Rashford was already an England international by the time Mourinho joined United so hardly the same as bringing through young players with potential with minimal transfer fees involved. 

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Varane was brought in at a fee reckoned to be around €10m, Zoumas' fee was £12m and Rashford was already an England international by the time Mourinho joined United so hardly the same as bringing through young players with potential with minimal transfer fees involved. 

Okay, bad examples. Here is good text about it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/06/jose-mourinho-list-young-players-fact-fiction

Quite a few very good players in there.

12 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Spoke to my workmate today, he is father of an Exeter City player who is big mates with Ollie Watkins. He stated that Watkins is coming to Derby this summer.  Will try and get more information on this next time I see him

Keep up the detective work. Any idea on fees ?

42 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Spoke to my workmate today, he is father of an Exeter City player who is big mates with Ollie Watkins. He stated that Watkins is coming to Derby this summer.  Will try and get more information on this next time I see him

I'd be very happy with this personally looks a very good player and has the potential to make the step up 

12 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Didn't you ask him the obvious question? He must of signed a pre contract agreement if he is joining us at the end of the season.

We'll probably be getting rid of a couple of number 10s so this makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if Ince leaves this summer, hopefully this guy if we get him can be his long term replacement.

Its about time we snapped up some lower league talent again instead of overpaying on "names"

13 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We'll probably be getting rid of a couple of number 10s so this makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if Ince leaves this summer, hopefully this guy if we get him can be his long term replacement.

Its about time we snapped up some lower league talent again instead of overpaying on "names"

Why sell Ince, our best player? Need to keep the gooduns and get rid of the deadwood...

Never understand it at all, Ince been our top 3 best player this season and some of the fans want to sell him? Madness.. You need to look at the players (from the wing) that need to get rid and they are called 

Nick Blackman 

Abdoul Camara

Andreas Weimann 

39 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why sell Ince, our best player? Need to keep the gooduns and get rid of the deadwood...

10 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Never understand it at all, Ince been our top 3 best player this season and some of the fans want to sell him? Madness.. You need to look at the players (from the wing) that need to get rid and they are called 

Nick Blackman 

Abdoul Camara

Andreas Weimann 

There is a difference between wanting him gone and seeing him being sold.

I said in September when Pearson was manager that I could see Ince being sold in January, didn't mean I wanted him to be, as I am sure @BramcoteRam84 isn't suggesting we should sell him. All he has done is offer Watkins to be a long term replacement if that was to happen.

It is far easier saying we need to sell this player or that player than actually pushing the transfer through.

4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Out of contract this summer, according to transfer market. Can anyone verify that? Obviously, with his age they'll be a tribunal fee. 

All I can find is this article, signed a 2 year professional contract for 14/15 season, so could suggest to be right.

http://www.devonlive.com/exeter-youngster-ollie-watkins-wait-news-season/story-21007659-detail/story.html

I thought he was under contact for longer than the 30th June 2017, when I get to see my workmate, I will try and get some more info. Last time I spoke to him he was certain he will be coming to Derby this summer. They have had the player since he was 11 yrs old. He is now 21, so there will be a fee involved if he moves on.

I spoke to an Exeter fan about a month ago who'd come up to watch them vs Mansfield. 

My job is public facing so in finding common ground, football came up and we spoke about Watkins who he believes can make the step up to our level.

He then spoke about Exeter's centre back Jordan Moore-Taylor who he reckoned was the hidden gem in the league. 

Archived