Ollie Watkins - Signed for Brentford

Arsene Titman

1 minute ago, TomInceOnFire said:

Looking at transfermarkt he has played all over the park Centre-Forward, Left Wing, Right Wing, Secondary Striker, Attacking Midfield and Central Midfield and has goals where ever he has played on the pitch. I think he would be perfect to play in the hole in a 4231 and with only being 20 I think he would be a great buy,

That's not what I meant. Surely he could fit whatever tactics we are playing.

But to those positions we already have Martin, Nugent, Vydra, Russell, Camara, Weimann, Ince, Russell +  Bennett & youngsters + midfielders. I left Bent already out of the list, because he'll leave, no doubt. So we might need to sell quite a few before we can even start to consider buying anyone to those positions. And even then his playing style pretty similar to what we already have and that doesn't sound what Rowett is after at the moment. Utility of course is great ability to have if we somehow managed to get rid A LOT of those we already have.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

That's not what I meant. Surely he could fit whatever tactics we are playing.

But to those positions we already have Martin, Nugent, Vydra, Russell, Camara, Weimann, Ince, Russell +  Bennett & youngsters + midfielders. I left Bent already out of the list, because he'll leave, no doubt. So we might need to sell quite a few before we can even start to consider buying anyone to those positions. And even then his playing style pretty similar to what we already have and that doesn't sound what Rowett is after at the moment. Utility of course is great ability to have if we somehow managed to get rid A LOT of those we already have.

I get you I do think we need to focus on getting some decent defenders and defensive mids

Ollie started at left wingback yesterday, not his best position. Exeter have mixed it up a bit recently due to injuries. Both wing backs struggled defensively in a frustrating opening 30mins.

They mixed things up later in the 1st half and looked much better as a team, Ollie went to left wing and looked far more comfortable. Not his best game but improved throughout. 

Not sure how Exeter have set their system out over the last few weeks but they certainly didn't look comfortable at the start of the game.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wouldn't you? League 2 team of the year, young lad, 2 million in today's market would seem very fair to me

This player didn't make League Two team of the year. See below 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Ah think I might be getting confused, thought he won something tho- maybe young player of the year

Yes correct young player of the year. See below (again) 

6 hours ago, Subman said:

Ollie started at left wingback yesterday, not his best position. Exeter have mixed it up a bit recently due to injuries. Both wing backs struggled defensively in a frustrating opening 30mins.

They mixed things up later in the 1st half and looked much better as a team, Ollie went to left wing and looked far more comfortable. Not his best game but improved throughout. 

Not sure how Exeter have set their system out over the last few weeks but they certainly didn't look comfortable at the start of the game.

Would agree with most of Submans post. Had a quiet game. Think his best position is behind the main Striker. Exeter looking good for the play offs now so who knows where he'll be next season. 

7 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

According to Football League World, Manchester United scouts have been looking at him

With Mourinho in charge at United, any young player with potential should think twice about joining them. His record of nurturing young players isn't the best.

Archived