Ollie Watkins - Signed for Brentford

Arsene Titman

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Has it escaped everybody's attention that McClaren is no longer Derby manager? What's to say Rowett is even interested?

Couldn't agree more, just because the last year we've been linked to certain players id be a little worried if we signed them, as Rowett has 100% say on transfers, and if we are signing players mcclaren wanted sounds like Morris is picking

1 minute ago, Rab a dab doo said:

We seem to be spending an awful lot of pages and time on something which does not seem to have any clear lead or firm link to GR or the Ram's.

Welcome to DCFCFans.

Derby actively tried to sign Watkins in January. Whether we rekindle that interest remains to be seen. I think anything over 2.5m is an awful lot for a league 2 player. Michael Jacobs had a brilliant time in league two, but never really built on his promise here. Roofe only has 3 goals at Leeds. Of course, there's loads of lower league fairy tails, but I don't think we'll be in a position this summer to be taking gambles.

McClaren, Evans and Rush were here when we bid for Watkins. Rowett now has full reigns over all transfer activity, so it will be down to whether he has the same opinion on the player as McClaren and co did. 

Youth is great, but I don't think it'll be on the agenda this summer. Especially after listening to the fans forum, and Gary and Mel's comments on bringing youngsters through when "challenging for the top 2", and how it's far easier to do when you're under financial restraints. Experience and  know how will be the the priority, I feel. 

17 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Derby actively tried to sign Watkins in January. Whether we rekindle that interest remains to be seen. I think anything over 2.5m is an awful lot for a league 2 player. Michael Jacobs had a brilliant time in league two, but never really built on his promise here. Roofe only has 3 goals at Leeds. Of course, there's loads of lower league fairy tails, but I don't think we'll be in a position this summer to be taking gambles.

McClaren, Evans and Rush were here when we bid for Watkins. Rowett now has full reigns over all transfer activity, so it will be down to whether he has the same opinion on the player as McClaren and co did. 

Youth is great, but I don't think it'll be on the agenda this summer. Especially after listening to the fans forum, and Gary and Mel's comments on bringing youngsters through when "challenging for the top 2", and how it's far easier to do when you're under financial restraints. Experience and  know how will be the the priority, I feel. 

I said this quite a while ago. It didn't go down well. Maybe people are more ready this time.

12 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Has it escaped everybody's attention that McClaren is no longer Derby manager? What's to say Rowett is even interested?

Lets not forget, the chief scout at Derby is Mac's son. Who Mel stated at the time of Stevie Mac's departure that he had no reason to sack the chief scout because he was doing a very good job.

So it would be wise to think, all the work Mac's son as done would not be thrown away. Rowett must have discussed with him the dossier's on all the players the scouting teams have looked at during the season. Yes there is a lot of clubs looking at him from the championship, which suggests a lot of clubs feel he could step up to the Championship. We will have to see what happens and not write off any targets the club had prior to Gary Rowett took over.

Obviously different management set up from when we were interested in him in January, but I still think we'd be interested in him because he fits Rowett's criteria.

Young, no doubt hungry to prove himself, athletic, strong, tall and quick.

He's the exact sort of player we should be looking at, that's why I think he's still a possible target.

6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Sheff United interested according to everyone's favorite twitter rumor merchant Alan Nixon.

Sheffield United look like they're busy with transfer signings, Nathan Thomas from Hartlepool agreed to join Sheffield United and Ched Evans signed for them. Watkins could be next one to go there. 

Just now, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Sheffield United look like they're busy with transfer signings, Nathan Thomas from Hartlepool agreed to join Sheffield United and Ched Evans signed for them. Watkins could be next one to go there. 

Has Thomas actually agreed - I read that another club (Boro?) had put a similar bid in for him?

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Has Thomas actually agreed - I read that another club (Boro?) had put a similar bid in for him?

Thomas agreed to join Sheffield United yes. 

Archived