Ollie Watkins - Signed for Brentford

Arsene Titman

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Does our scouting network reach to the South West? Or are they all stuck at Frankley services on the M5 trying to read the maps?

I'm happy to fill the scouting vacancy in the Southwest as I live in Devon and watch a shedload of lower league games. Will only charge Mel expenses I.e a half time pasty.

As mentioned earlier in this thread the boy Potts at Blackpool looks a good prospect. Strong runner through midfield and looked like a bigger version of Stevie G. Scored against Exeter and again last night v Plymouth.

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

I'm happy to fill the scouting vacancy in the Southwest as I live in Devon and watch a shedload of lower league games. Will only charge Mel expenses I.e a half time pasty.

As mentioned earlier in this thread the boy Potts at Blackpool looks a good prospect. Strong runner through midfield and looked like a bigger version of Stevie G. Scored against Exeter and again last night v Plymouth.

Should get you on a retainer :thumbsup:

Need to keep you in white boots.......

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

You already sound like a manager or pundit.

I`m referring to your mention of......"the boy Potts".

• 2 weeks later...

Thought the Ollie Watkins deal could be dead and buried when Mel swung the axe at Steve Mac, but then I realised that this strong rumour about this player would have been instigated by our scouting team. With the chief scout (Mac junior) not getting the push, perhaps the deal is still in the pipeline for the summer. Will try and find out more from my work mate, who's stepson plays for Exeter City.  Watch this space

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 09:55, hintonsboots said:

I will be at the Exeter game on Saturday and will report back. I reckon they have a good chance of promotion via the play offs and this may determine whether he stays at City or not. I have to say he hasn't been great over the last few games.

heads been turned obviously:lol:

My thoughts on Watkins are that to be good enough for us he should be:

Playing regularly for Exeter 

Tearing it up at Div 2 level 

I may be wrong but my impression is that he shows promise but like many others we have purchased meed a bit of development.

And that's where we have fallen down in recent years.

1 hour ago, TomInceOnFire said:

Isn't Mac's son still at Derby as a scout? If so I would imagine he is still being watched.

Yep, he might. But if we are after power, like Rowett said, he really doesn't fit the bill. At least at the moment.

Mac's son is actually the current chief scout of the club. So he could still be on the radar for us. As for not having the power, please watch the tape 'Ollie Watkins best moments so far' which I think was made back in December. Yes it is strange since Steve Mac got the sack Ollie Watkins been a bit quiet for Exeter city.

9 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Mac's son is actually the current chief scout of the club. So he could still be on the radar for us. As for not having the power, please watch the tape 'Ollie Watkins best moments so far' which I think was made back in December. Yes it is strange since Steve Mac got the sack Ollie Watkins been a bit quiet for Exeter city.

Well worth watching, but where I should have seen some power presentation? Normal size, skillful forward. If/when we are looking for better balance in our team, that's certainly not the position we are looking to fulfill. Vice versa, we are already overloaded in that department. Quite a few need to leave before we need someone similar.

Of course he might and should be on our radar, as should any other promising player from lower leagues. But I can't see the timing for this kind of transfer good at all.

6 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Well worth watching, but where I should have seen some power presentation? Normal size, skillful forward. If/when we are looking for better balance in our team, that's certainly not the position we are looking to fulfill. Vice versa, we are already overloaded in that department. Quite a few need to leave before we need someone similar.

Of course he might and should be on our radar, as should any other promising player from lower leagues. But I can't see the timing for this kind of transfer good at all.

Looking at transfermarkt he has played all over the park Centre-Forward, Left Wing, Right Wing, Secondary Striker, Attacking Midfield and Central Midfield and has goals where ever he has played on the pitch. I think he would be perfect to play in the hole in a 4231 and with only being 20 I think he would be a great buy,

Archived