Chris Maguire

Pudding Jack

Maguire has had 2 starts in the CCC mcsilks. That is not a chance in he team he cost 400k. Addison was given a new contract and then shipped out on loan. Tyson and Robinson have been given loads of chances how successful are they in real terms ill let you decide. Pringle had more chances than Maguire and I bet Croft and Martin did they are gone also. Moxey he's gone still no cover at full back. Bailey what's happening with him. I could go on and on. Clough loads of chances is he a success you decide.

Pull yourself together!! This is football, players come and players go. If a player does not impress the manager or show signs that he can fit into the team, then he doesn't get into the team; particularly in a team as 'together' as Derby. Judge Clough on the overall progress of the club not on him not picking players who don't fit in with the ethos that he is creating.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maguire has had 2 starts in the CCC mcsilks. That is not a chance in he team he cost 400k. Addison was given a new contract and then shipped out on loan. Tyson and Robinson have been given loads of chances how successful are they in real terms ill let you decide. Pringle had more chances than Maguire and I bet Croft and Martin did they are gone also. Moxey he's gone still no cover at full back. Bailey what's happening with him. I could go on and on. Clough loads of chances is he a success you decide.

Apart from being our top scorer you mean?

Maguire has been given a chance...but not a fair chance. Tyson has spent a lot of this season injured and when he has played how much as he added or done that Robinson isn't already doing. In what little time he has played Maguire has done far more both here and at Portsmouth than Tyson. If I do have an issue with Clough then it is the lack of consistancy in how long players are given. I have no clue what happens behind the scenes so like everyone I speculate!

I think Maguire would be well utilised behind the front two, playing in the whole and in between the midfeld and defence of the opposition where he's likely to pick up a bit more space and allow us to create a few more chances

From what I've seen of the lad which admittedly isn't a great amount (2 league starts, 30 minutes at Boro and a handful of reserve games) he has easily looked our most technically gifted footballer at this football club. Fair enough that might not be a great testament to him when our squad as a whole lack any kind of creativity but I wish Maguire can either sort himself out or Clough just give him a run in the team. I wouldn't say anyone in our team would be missed apart from the back 5 so I don't see the problem. Still got great potential and I hope he reaches it here.

So everyone who is ever dropped, not selected or sent on loan is a sign of a crap manager or massive unrest at the training ground. I get it now. Clough out.

Why don't you actually debate his point like Mcsilks did? Instead of adding a stupid post like this in an attempt to ridicule him..

He never said any of of the above...

I don't agree with him, espcially regarding Addison as he's hardly the 'footballing' type of midfielder I'd have in my side.. But if I don't agree, I'd at least give a reason why and start a debate.. You just post pointless jibes..

Let's see what happens when(/if) Maguire comes back to Derby before any judgement. If he comes back off the back of a good run, knuckles down, gets a chance and fires us to promotion the top half, then it'll have been a good decision.

I am confident that Maguire will be with us next season, and will definitely be in contention for the XI / 16.

I really can't see why the likes of Doyle are in front of him, when he could play better then Doyle in his sleep!

I think it really does show favoritism on Clough's behalf and highlights the fact he picks a team on how much he likes them rather then talent. Something you would not see the likes Mourinho or Billy Davies do, always picks the best possible team.

After watching those highlights Maguire seems to be enjoying himself at Portsmouth. Probably the kind of guy that plays according to his mood?

Hope he comes back buzzing and proves a point. Funny he mentioned Varney as being his perfect strike partner.

What's also worrying is what Luke Varney is telling Maguire about NC.. Varney was barely played under NC, went to Blackpool where he played over 20 games in the PL (where he made a telling contribution) and then went to Pompey where he was played in his natural positon as a striker.. Perhaps Varney is hinting to Maguire that he'd be better off elsewhere..

Other than getting a decent 3 months out of Commons (before his contract was left to run down and have his head turned) NC has yet to have a successful record when dealing with flair players.. The situations regarding Cywka, Commons, Maguire and Bueno don't particularly leave a telling mark on NCs DCFC CV.. Even Tyson looked more threatening playing for Forest than he does for us.

We're crying out for some creativity.. But creativity comes from creative. flair players.. Take Vicente or Lua Lua for example.. One would question whether NC would ever buy this type of player and not only that could he ever get the best out of them.. At this level to push on NC will need to use creative players and get some use out of them, if he doesn't, we'll never get promoted under him.. Never.

What's also worrying is what Luke Varney is telling Maguire about NC.. Varney was barely played under NC, went to Blackpool where he played over 20 games in the PL (where he made a telling contribution) and then went to Pompey where he was played in his natural positon as a striker.. Perhaps Varney is hinting to Maguire that he'd be better off elsewhere..

Other than getting a decent 3 months out of Commons (before his contract was left to run down and have his head turned) NC has yet to have a successful record when dealing with flair players.. The situations regarding Cywka, Commons, Maguire and Bueno don't particularly leave a telling mark on NCs DCFC CV.. Even Tyson looked more threatening playing for Forest than he does for us.

We're crying out for some creativity.. But creativity comes from creative. flair players.. Take Vicente or Lua Lua for example.. One would question whether NC would ever buy this type of player and not only that could he ever get the best out of them.. At this level to push on NC will need to use creative players and get some use out of them, if he doesn't, we'll never get promoted under him.. Never.

Interesting view point (maguire and varney), sounds like they're best mates down there. Got something in common.

What is it about Clough though, what is he seeing in them that turns him off? Did he buy Varney himself or was it Jewell? I don't credit him with the Bueno loan because I think that was Metgods doing and I honestly believe the player bottled it in the cold hard tackling climate. Bueno's done now't since. Seems to start well then disappears.

Commons was Jewell. Maguire is the only flair player he's bought, so far it's been a pure work ethic thing. Don't really count Tyson as flair, he's more of a pace man without any tricks up his sleeves.

He did get the best out of Commons though, he went on to have a sensational season at both Derby and Celtic, he'll never play like that again in all his career. Just checked wiki and he's playing at Celtic again but it seems he's not as prolific or creative, 0 goals and 6 assists in 16 appearances.

Commons appeared to be communicating with Clough until he buggered off, and it definitely had an effect. If a player refuses to learn I'm not surprised Clough gets pissed off with them. If you're not gonna work with the manager you're not thinking of the team. Clough is boss, that's how it goes.

We'll see what happens this summer, if we do get flair. Not expecting promotion next season though, just to be somewhere close to play offs or even a flirt within it.

Oh, neither of us mentioned Ward, a work in progress as long as he keeps his chin off the ground.

Ward is a cracking player. Slight adjustments to his game and he'll easily eclipse anything Commons has done. Nigel seems to afford Ward creative freedom and for that reason I'll continue believing Clough will get it right eventually.

We spent all summer banging on about how we needed pace. How lots of games last season cried out for the ball in behind.

I disagreed with that then. I never thought pace was a problem last season.

This summer I'm nervous the hunt will be all about how we need a CB to replace Barker and a striker. I'm nervous the key ingredients will be secondary concerns AGAIN. We still need a ball winner and more creativity.

I love Clough. But he's so stubborn and takes so long to change things I worry about our progress.

Why don't you actually debate his point like Mcsilks did? Instead of adding a stupid post like this in an attempt to ridicule him..

He never said any of of the above...

I don't agree with him, espcially regarding Addison as he's hardly the 'footballing' type of midfielder I'd have in my side.. But if I don't agree, I'd at least give a reason why and start a debate.. You just post pointless jibes..

As I didn't quote anyone in my post, would you like to tell me who I am ridiculing? As it happened I typed that post on my silly iPhone about 3 hours earlier but it didn't send. Even then, it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, it was in response to any number of posts on any number of threads, when posters find any excuse to moan or criticise. Quotes are misinterpreted, words twisted or even as in this thread, you speculate what Varney might say to Maguire, the next poster suggests they're best mates after 3 games, then suddenly it's back to the big Clough hates everyone conspiracy again. It's laughable. What isn't laughable is your continued obsession with me. Do you want a picture?

As for debating the point, I wouldn't know where to begin debating some of the made up ******** written in this thread. Maguire scores and goal and like Cywka becomes the lost Pele who NC hates because he's talented, rather than the quite talented but inconsistent young player he is. It's hard to debate with such nonsense because the writers would struggle to comprehend another persons views, when they're busy weaving their own fantasy conspiracy lies.

Interesting view point (maguire and varney), sounds like they're best mates down there. Got something in common.

What is it about Clough though, what is he seeing in them that turns him off? Did he buy Varney himself or was it Jewell? I don't credit him with the Bueno loan because I think that was Metgods doing and I honestly believe the player bottled it in the cold hard tackling climate. Bueno's done now't since. Seems to start well then disappears.

Commons was Jewell. Maguire is the only flair player he's bought, so far it's been a pure work ethic thing. Don't really count Tyson as flair, he's more of a pace man without any tricks up his sleeves.

He did get the best out of Commons though, he went on to have a sensational season at both Derby and Celtic, he'll never play like that again in all his career. Just checked wiki and he's playing at Celtic again but it seems he's not as prolific or creative, 0 goals and 6 assists in 16 appearances.

Commons appeared to be communicating with Clough until he buggered off, and it definitely had an effect. If a player refuses to learn I'm not surprised Clough gets pissed off with them. If you're not gonna work with the manager you're not thinking of the team. Clough is boss, that's how it goes.

We'll see what happens this summer, if we do get flair. Not expecting promotion next season though, just to be somewhere close to play offs or even a flirt within it.

Oh, neither of us mentioned Ward, a work in progress as long as he keeps his chin off the ground.

Bueno has done ok since leaving us, he's played 20 games for Real Valladolid this season scoring four with three assists.

Archived