Chris Maguire

Pudding Jack

Just watched Maguire on football league show how has this lad not been given a fair chance at Derby great control, touch beats people for fun looks a goal threat!

Just looks exiting to watch hope we don't write him off as i think he could be a really good player for us!

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looked brillo pad on the FLS!

He looks like he has the ability to score from outside of the box and score on his own which i think alot of our players seem to lack.

For example: when we played Leicester at PP we had the majority of the posession in the second half yet barely had a shot. All we needed was a spark, someone who could go past a player and bury it in the top corner. Maguire looks like the kind of player who could do that.

I've seen Valladolid a few times and Bueno has looked decent everytime.. He suffered an injury early season and he's not played as such since, in one of the games he missed they won 6-0..

He was deployed as the striker who also dropped deep and wide.. He was never intended to be their number one goalscorer as a lot of their goals come from midfield runners..

Not really sure where Bueno comes in with this but he's certainly a player who would make us a better team.. We need players like him to reach the next level, without those sort of players (flair players) we'll never be more than a midtable NPC side..

Last season the only time we looked like a top 6 side was when we had flair players.. The moment Commons, Bueno, Cywka etc.. were out of the side and replaced with 'triers' we dropped to a lower-midtable side...

Now Clough has a solid midtable 'trying' side a few technically better players could make us a top 6 side (bearing in mind Clough can get decent use out of them)

We dropped to a lower mid table team with Cywka, Bueno and Commons in the team.

Makes me sick hes not with us .................a disgrace if he had been given a chance with us who knows !

Playoffs maybe seems like he has a bit of spark which we most of the time lack, makes me sick that pompy fans have seen him more than us and he's only been there a matter of weeks!

Apparently it was another "Personality Clash" between Manager and player, that meant he was shipped out! Maguire made his feelings felt, so was sent away like a naughty boy. Shame as think the lad has talent a DOES deserve a chance.

Source?

Apparently it was another "Personality Clash" between Manager and player, that meant he was shipped out! Maguire made his feelings felt, so was sent away like a naughty boy. Shame as think the lad has talent a DOES deserve a chance.

That my friend is absolute nonsense, it was nothing like that at all. He simply did not settle and showed very little to put him ahead of other strikers. He is being watched in every game by Derby and they would like nothing better than to have a usable addition to the strike-force.

Archived