Chris Maguire

Pudding Jack

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And so the grand almighty power of sarcasm comes to town. Oh how I bow to your greatness. No one on here is saying he is "that" good. It is being said he is better than Tyson, which I think everyone on here can agree on. The debate on this thread is if Clough was right to give limited chances and loan out a player who offers more than players Clough has persisted with.

As has been said, this can be twisted and spun in any what, to make Clough look like an idiot or a genius. I think the situation has been handled badly, whatever the real situation may be. Managers and players do fall out and have their differences. As a club we are not in a position to splash out £400k and then let that go to waste. With the finances as they are, there is even more emphasis on getting it right.

Maguire could be a key part of the side next season, he could be a bit part, he could not even be here. What is obvious is that he has the ability at this level. And it isn't hard to wonder why some fans would question and be frustrated by his non involvement. Compare this to Addison who I think is sadly only justifying the actions of Clough.

We are having a good season, winning games and have a chance of reaching the play offs.

How we managed this without Maguire is beyond me. If we recall him then who knows, we will surely not just make the play offs but win them and be a force in the premiership next season.

Let's just hope we can hang onto him as it won't be long till the top clubs of Europe come banging on our door.

We may just have found our savior.

Bit of an unnecessary comment really - don't think anyone's saying that he's the difference between promotion and mid-table. However it's pretty clear he's made a huge impact at Portsmouth. How do you know he wouldn't make the same at DCFC?

no way is a coach at this level telling a footballer how to control a ball.

I wont believe it. You dont get taught that at 15 at sunday league level. Its something your taught as a kid and you either have it, or you dont.

Coaching at derby better not be about ball control and passing with your instep with your other foot pointing the place you want the ball. Keeping your eyes open when you head the ball. If thats whats happening at moor farm we're getting relegated soon.

Hardly. Tells me he is just playing the game the way he knows best and has done his whole career.....

Show me a player who thinks he knows best at any level and I will show you a player who cannot get in the side. It seems to me that he is listening to what has been said to him and is at last applying it to his game. Portsmouth win, Maguire wins and Derby County win.

Who does maguire deserve a chance over? its not like Davies nor Robinson are in poor form... if he came back he'd just be on the bench even if he did well at the minute, i'd give him a chance over the summer and hopefully he'll push on!

True they are doing well at the moment but what about the rest of the season like when robbo and stevie D were injured they have only played about 20 games each so that doesn't really justify why Maguire has only started 2 games

You saying that Pompeys coaching staff are better than ours ??

Not sure how you came to that conclusion.... Let me explain for you:

The Derby County coaching staff have been trying to drum into him how they want him to play to become part of the team. In the early days he was losing the ball to often and his work ethic need some attention. Only one person could do something about that (Maguire). At last, in the last couple of months it has sunk in with him and he started to show the right application in the reserves. The best way to see if he could transfer his new found enlightenment was to put him in first team scenarios - who are Derby going to drop for him?? Best answer is to ship him out on loan where he could be watched to see if he can keep it up over a number of games. Personally, if Pompey will keep him, I would leave him there for the rest of the season and start afresh when pre-season training comes around.

And so the grand almighty power of sarcasm comes to town. Oh how I bow to your greatness. No one on here is saying he is "that" good. It is being said he is better than Tyson, which I think everyone on here can agree on. The debate on this thread is if Clough was right to give limited chances and loan out a player who offers more than players Clough has persisted with.

AH! Now if this is the debate then yeah I beleive Nige did do the right thing giving the player some games at Pompy! He has looked good what limited things I have seen him do on FLS, hopefully can come back with right attitude and keep his good form up and put presure on Theo and Savies next season, IMO if a good offer came in however (400k +) I would sell.

Also you said everyone can agree he is alot better than Tyson, I think you will find on forums you will never ever get 100% agreement, does everyone agree with me???

AH! Now if this is the debate then yeah I beleive Nige did do the right thing giving the player some games at Pompy! He has looked good what limited things I have seen him do on FLS, hopefully can come back with right attitude and keep his good form up and put presure on Theo and Savies next season, IMO if a good offer came in however (400k +) I would sell.

Also you said everyone can agree he is alot better than Tyson, I think you will find on forums you will never ever get 100% agreement, does everyone agree with me???

Nope 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Nearly, the only bit I'd disagree on is selling him. I think he will be a very good player, so even now I'd want significantly more than £400k to let him go.

He's played 3 good game straight for Portsmouth, which is better than he did for us. If he's sorted his head now I think he could be a real find.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion.... Let me explain for you:

The Derby County coaching staff have been trying to drum into him how they want him to play to become part of the team. In the early days he was losing the ball to often and his work ethic need some attention. Only one person could do something about that (Maguire). At last, in the last couple of months it has sunk in with him and he started to show the right application in the reserves. The best way to see if he could transfer his new found enlightenment was to put him in first team scenarios - who are Derby going to drop for him?? Best answer is to ship him out on loan where he could be watched to see if he can keep it up over a number of games. Personally, if Pompey will keep him, I would leave him there for the rest of the season and start afresh when pre-season training comes around.

Ah now I get you, you are saying that if a player is not in our starting 11, it is best to send him out to another club, why should Derby drop anyone for him, its a squad game, why not put him on the bench, when things are going to plan A, introduce him then see what he can do.

Ah now I get you, you are saying that if a player is not in our starting 11, it is best to send him out to another club, why should Derby drop anyone for him, its a squad game, why not put him on the bench, when things are going to plan A, introduce him then see what he can do.

No, no, no I am not saying that. Get him in a starting line up somewhere else where he will get a full game.

I just think it is positive for all concerned - particularly the player.

Archived