Chris Maguire

Pudding Jack

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His move has totally flopped. Seems like its his overall attitude that is holding him back. Some game time and having to graft ought to do him some good. Would expect he will get chances to play with us soon with all the sheep shearing going on with the squad. He would be in the 19 man squad Clough referred to. 4 players have already gone in the last couple of weeks.

Why dont he just get rid of him, took so long in signing him, and for what? Hes made like 1-2 starts

Some players that come in aren't going to be a hit in the first season.. Some players take abit of time.. The likes of Dexter Blackstock, Barry Bannan, Peter Wittingham all looked average when they were here on loan and over the next few years they improved dramatically..

Another one is Wes Hoolahan at Norwich, he barely played when he first joined them from Blackpool and when he did he looked a second rate winger at best, now he's a PL regular.

Chris Maguire has plenty of time on his side to turn out to be the player we expect.

I'd be up for sending him out. I really think he can do a job, just needs a chance to show what he can do. Get some confidence, come back, and challenge for a spot.

I agree WR the boy needs proper match time not just reserve team action ....send him out and get him playing.

I was surprised to see these negative comments on his ressies performance in the DET report, they are usually so positive about everything so I was puzzled to see such criticism. Are they reinforcing the notion that he won't listen?

" Maguire played a full game and had a couple of chances in the second half.

The summer signing from Aberdeen who, like Cywka, has not featured in the first team since November, looked set to score with a header from six yards but elected to chest the ball down and was crowded out.

He then waited too long to get his shot away when put through and his effort was blocked.

Maguire showed some neat touches but often he wanted too many and found himself closed down and frustrated."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived