Millwall (A) - Match Thread

Crewton

28 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well the home games this season most have been saying about the style of football being enjoyable. Accept it, Derby are playing better than you expected and are doing well in the league - i know you’ll be happy with that but unfortunately it also means Warne is doing a good job which I think you struggle to accept and therefore pounce on and over-exaggerate any slight negative to justify your position. The pure Warne dissenters are finding it more and more difficult to make sensible arguments as he’s not giving them any ammunition.

No you are wrong, I thought that we would do at least as well in the league as we are currently doing. Aspirations was the question I put out in relation to posts on this thread about our stats and playing style showing a similarity to Millwall's (just fyi I didn't even know about such stats before reading them on here, so don't accuse me of a particular bias about them). You can accept that or not, stats can be interpreted in more than one way often.

The point was about aspirations. 

Edited by RoyMac5

Very scrappy game.  Don’t think either team did enough to win and draw was a fair result.  We should have had a penalty as CBT was never offside, but I think they had a similar offside in the 1st half with the same linesman.

First point away from home at a difficult place.  Take the positive and move on.

17 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

How? The stats I've seen quoted on this thread and comments on our playing style by some posters, liken us to Millwall. Where do you think we are heading in our aspirations then?

Our short term aspirations are to stay in the Championship.  This is step on the medium-ish term aspiration of being promotion contenders.  After 10 games in our first season after promotion I’d say we’re on track.

Just now, FlyBritishMidland said:

Our short term aspirations are to stay in the Championship.  This is step on the medium-ish term aspiration of being promotion contenders.  After 10 games in our first season after promotion I’d say we’re on track.

Fine. How do you think our short term aspiration affect our longer term aspirations? 

But tbh I was just amused for us to be compared to Millwall. 👍

Another good point it seems, if not a great performance (although it seems effort cannot be doubted). Just watched the highlights. Blackett Taylor looks nothing like a pro-footballer does he. Clearly got pace and a good athletic physique, but his touch and shooting/crossing technique are League 1 / 2 standard at best based on that highlights reel.

Big game Tuesday. Hopefully we can push little Oxford down below us.

53 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Decent day out down the Smoke. Soke good humoured banter with Stockport fans at Borough Market.

Disappointed not to have taken the 3 points though. Good to see the man with the one million pound penis in the away end. What a job and what a guy.

You Rams 🐏

He's often in the 'away' end, from what ive heard..

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Another good point it seems, if not a great performance (although it seems effort cannot be doubted). Just watched the highlights. Blackett Taylor looks nothing like a pro-footballer does he. Clearly got pace and a good athletic physique, but his touch and shooting/crossing technique are League 1 / 2 standard at best based on that highlights reel.

Big game Tuesday. Hopefully we can push little Oxford down below us.

CBT is like the kid at school who plays only for himself. Everyone shouting Pass! Pass!

But he does a trick, runs at goal and blasts a hopeful shot.

That may be why no one in the team seems very close or supportive towards him.

The shot he loosed off yesterday having cut inside the defender was pure ‘assus collapsus’. He just panicked

When he gets it right he’s a real goal threat but outside of that he’s a passenger.

Good to throw on with 15 minutes left if we need a goal.

Having read all the comments yesterday I watched the match this morning with the benefit of replays on RamsTV. Stuart Attwell is not my favourite referee but I think he got virtually every decision RIGHT. It is not his fault the Assistant Ref made the wrong call. If you don’t agree , watch the game again.

The game wasn’t great but there wasn’t a bad tackle in virtually the whole game by either side. Millwall worked very hard and gave us little time on the ball. They played as we do to other sides when we play at Pride Park.

Our problems were not passing the ball well, our poor ball control and lack of composure on the ball. Curtis Nelson a little unfortunate with the goal.

having not got a point on the road I can understand the nervousness, but very happy with a  point  from this fixture.

2 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Having read all the comments yesterday I watched the match this morning with the benefit of replays on RamsTV. Stuart Attwell is not my favourite referee but I think he got virtually every decision RIGHT. It is not his fault the Assistant Ref made the wrong call. If you don’t agree , watch the game again.

The game wasn’t great but there wasn’t a bad tackle in virtually the whole game by either side. Millwall worked very hard and gave us little time on the ball. They played as we do to other sides when we play at Pride Park.

Our problems were not passing the ball well, our poor ball control and lack of composure on the ball. Curtis Nelson a little unfortunate with the goal.

having not got a point on the road I can understand the nervousness, but very happy with a  point  from this fixture.

TBH I watched the game and didn’t feel Attwell was any worse than fussy. There were a few robust challenges where the ball was won but a free kick awarded. 
The non penalty was the lino’s fault.

2 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

For feck sake...not even close 😡 

image.png.b2806d8d685ba9869632f8fb1ea738be.png

And the linesman is nowhere to be seen on that photo, so he's absolutely miles behind the play.

Obviously never studied physics.

Edit: unless the just perceptible ghostly image is him, in which case he needs to go to Specsavers.

Edited by Grumpy Git

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh so you don't have an answer? I don't either so that is why I asked what on earth you meant. 

I got my own answer as I’m 100% sure most have on here , I’ve just chosen not to bite ,, maybe another day, I’m too chilled having walked the dogs and looking forward to a nice lamb shank and enjoying our first point on the road and another one toward the goal of staying up 

On the balance of play, more than we could reasonably expect, IMO. They had more shots on target than we had shots. We scored with our only one on target. That's football.

Having looked, long and hard, at the offside decision that meant we didn't get the penalty, the Assistant Referee got it wrong. I understand why. It's because he's forward of the last outfield defender and that distorts his view making CBT look as if he's offside when he's actually not. I can't blame Attwell for it as he merely acted on the "advice" of his assistant. I can blame him for not giving us a free kick when CBT was wrestled to the floor to start the move that led to their first shot. IMO, he had a poor game but was consistent in his poorness.

Please for Yates for breaking his duck. The keeper got a hand to it when it appeared to already be over the line, he pushed the ball forwards into the back of the post which sealed it for me and the ref's watch should have signalled it (if goalline tech was in use).

Felt for Nels on their equaliser. A poor bounce saw him only able to play the ball onto their player and the rest is history.

On the negative side, for some reason we, yet again, made way too many poor passes that failed to find a teammate, even over short distances. That is a problem that needs sorting, pronto.

PW said post game it was more 2 points lost than one gained. IMO, Millwall have far more right to that thought. On another day it might have been 4 had it not been for some average shooting from them and good saves from JWZ.

Come Tuesday, Oxford are a better footballing side and, based on yesterday's performance, we'll have to up our game, significantly, to get anything from the game.

21 minutes ago, Archied said:

I got my own answer as I’m 100% sure most have on here , I’ve just chosen not to bite ,, maybe another day, I’m too chilled having walked the dogs and looking forward to a nice lamb shank and enjoying our first point on the road and another one toward the goal of staying up 

I sincerely hope that's not Cockney rhyming slang.  😉