Millwall (A) - Match Thread

Crewton

On 17/10/2024 at 22:25, Jourdan said:

Zetterstrom

Nyambe - Nelson - Cashin - Forsyth

Adams - Goudmijn

Jackson - Harness - CBT

Yates

I’d be very happy with a point in this game just to keep us ticking over. I can see a score draw on the cards. The two sides are fairly well matched.

I don’t think we can afford to go into this game thinking things will be easier after four tough away games (and results) to open the season. Millwall on their day can be very good and naturally will be fired up to get their season back on track, so we have to be wary.

I think the key to this game will be winning the midfield battle first and foremost and matching Millwall’s midfield. If Ebou can impose himself on the game, we will have a good platform to build from and hopefully this will allow Goudmijn and possibly Harness to make things happen.

Another key will be the defence. The back four will likely be up against a lively front three in Azeez, Esse and Langstaff with lots of movement and pace and then Ivanovic and Watmore off the bench against tired legs. It’s a tough test. Azeez in particular worries me. His directness and pace gave us massive headaches during his time at Reading.

As for the attack, I think this is a good opportunity for CBT to come in and make his mark given NML has had international commitments.

If we do our jobs well and stay switched on, I am hopeful of a point and a competitive game and to me, it would be a good first step to building some momentum away from home. Crawl first, walk later.

CBT has no chance of starting 

On 17/10/2024 at 22:08, DE56Ram said:

Ozoh is fit I’m hearing 

would make sense to me to have him and Ebou operate in the middle with Kenzo in front of a back four

jackson and Harness wide and behind Yates

Don’t think so . It’s only been 5 weeks and Palace won’t want his long term health put at risk . Kenzo has had enough time to adjust to a bit of rough and tumble and must start turning up for away games .Otherwise Harness will get ahead of him in the pecking order . 

To anyone who likes to take a little holiday between 3pm and 5pm they’ve reduced the list ramstv is available for today. Popular places due to good service like Japan, USA and Netherlands have been taken off. 

here’s the list in full

Albania, American Samoa, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Brunei, Cambodia, Cape Verde, China, Christmas Islands, Cocos Islands, Cook Islands, Cyprus, East Timor, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Gambia, Gibraltar, Germany, Greece, Guam, Italy, Kiribati Islands, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Norfolk Islands, North Korea, North Mariana Islands, Palau, Papa New Guinea, Pitcairn Islands, Poland, Republic of South Sudan, Samoa, Socotra, Soloman Islands, South Tyrol, Spain, Switzerland, Tahiti, Taiwan, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvala, Vanuata, Vietnam, Wallis & Futuna, Western Samoa.

38 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

To anyone who likes to take a little holiday between 3pm and 5pm they’ve reduced the list ramstv is available for today. Popular places due to good service like Japan, USA and Netherlands have been taken off. 

here’s the list in full

Albania, American Samoa, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Brunei, Cambodia, Cape Verde, China, Christmas Islands, Cocos Islands, Cook Islands, Cyprus, East Timor, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Gambia, Gibraltar, Germany, Greece, Guam, Italy, Kiribati Islands, Laos, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, New Caledonia, Niue, Norfolk Islands, North Korea, North Mariana Islands, Palau, Papa New Guinea, Pitcairn Islands, Poland, Republic of South Sudan, Samoa, Socotra, Soloman Islands, South Tyrol, Spain, Switzerland, Tahiti, Taiwan, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvala, Vanuata, Vietnam, Wallis & Futuna, Western Samoa.

Also on this if you don’t know where to put your VPN for derby matches, Spain, Switzerland and Estonia have probably the best privacy laws in Europe. 

32 minutes ago, rammieib said:

When did NML get back from his International duty? I fear he won't be effective.

I'd like to see CBT start a game but I dontbthink Warne will do this.

I don’t think CBT is a starter against Millwall away. We are really going to need all hands to the pump and he’s not that guy. He’s one who can make an impact with two or three good bits amongst relative obscurity.

Harness and Jackson are far more industrious. CBT might be a useful sub when they tire.

I still don’t think we’ve seen the best from Chirewa and hope he gets minutes today.