Sunderland (A) - Match thread

Eoghan1884

Imagine having an elite stadium such as the SOL and attendance in the 40 thousands and then embarrassing yourself with that dreadful display of lights and music both before and after the game. Anyway we were well beaten tonight, perhaps the only way I can have a dig at them.

5 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

A foul for winning the ball.

Has anyone mentioned how we always get shi# refs lately 🤔🤔🤔

The ref was actually fairly good - that was his only real error, apart from increasingly willing to give soft free kicks to Sunderland. Bit in the end we weren’t up to their level. Not too far away but ………

We must start working on our midfield play now that we have recognised that there is such a place.

It's worth noting that so far 6 of our opposition are currently in the top half (5 of the top 8), and 2 are in the bottom half. I know it's still early days so teams can jump or fall a few places in one game, but 4 of our next 6 games are against bottom half opposition. Unfortunately we only have 2 home games in that time, so if we can start picking up some points away from home we'll be absolutely fine.

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

for some perspective, we have just lost away to the top of the league.
We were second best admittedly, but we were no more light years away from Sunderland as we are from Oxford!  

I won’t get tickets for Oxford away then! 😉