Burnley second and third goals

Swanseas derby day goal 

Ramseys own goal against Boro 

Weak defensive coverage -

Burnley’s fourth and fifth goals 

Set Piece frailty -

Sunderland’s first goal on opening day 

Middlesbrough’s opener 

Thats 9 of the 10 goals Middlesbrough have conceded roughly broken down into three categories with the one left out being a massive goalkeeping error from a back pass. I could go into more detail but don’t want to bore people. 

They defend too narrow and I think it’s a personal issue more so than a tactical one as Callum O’Dowda who’s playing at left back is more of a winger or wing back than a left back in a four so gets exposed and Perry NG who’s played half his career as a centre back and is more a solid full back than an attack minded one. 

Essentially they can easily be got out if we pick up space around the edge of the box whether that’s on the wing or in line with the goal. A lot of chances they’ve conceded also line up with their holding midfielders scrambling round chasing shadows. Also conceding two goals from set pieces where we can be so dangerous is great to see and I really think if we show up we should turn them over. 

22 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Zetterström

Nyambe   Nelson   Cashin   Elder

Ozoh

Goudmijn      Adams

Jackson   Yates   Mendez-Laing

Subs: Vickers, Phillips, Ward, Forsyth, Thomspon, Osborn, Barkhuizen, Collins, Brown

I agree apart from I’d have Harness on the bench over Barkhuizen and maybe start Harness if NML isn’t up to it since he’s playing in Guatemala on Tuesday. 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Come on, mods! It will be on your head if we lose this game because you're allowing a matchday thread to develop by default, started by a different poster after a win.

@Day you just can't get the staff anymore! 😂 Owt to do with the "b" word? 🫣

7 minutes ago, Day said:

Well we’ve lost then. @Eoghan1884 has cursed us.

@Animal is a Ram was on a win streak of match day threads. 

season 3 anger GIF

I'd say this fiasco is as much on @Animal is a Ramas @Eoghan1884, but it's a sorry state of affairs. It was obvious it was going to happen and I did ask Animal to start the thread a few days ago to prevent it. But Eoghan also needs to take a long hard look in the mirror. Just when it felt the season was on the up. Video Game Wtf GIF by Adult Swim

What's done is done. It was great to into the international break on a high, and then have two weeks to work with new signings. One of the things Warne does best is not be affected by individual results, and be about consistency. So it was unusual to see him buzzing quite so much after the Bristol City game, but he will clearly have brought the players down to earth quickly and had time drilling into them that this is the minimum expectation from now on. Starting against Cardiff.

Mendez-Laing, Adams, Zetterstrom and Chirewa are the players who have been away. Because of that, there is a chance only Zetterstrom will start. If everyone is fit:

Zetterstrom

Nyambe     Nelson     Cashin     Elder

Ozoh     Osborn

Jackson     Goudmijn     Harness

Yates

Subs: Vickers  Wilson   Phillips  Forsyth  Thompson  Mendez-Laing  Chirewa  Adams  Brown   

Missing: Ward  Bradley  Barkhuizen  Blackett-Taylor  Washington  Collins

Have I missed anyone? Injuries will make Warne's life easier and allow him to disappoint fewer players, but as competition for places hots up, there will be fewer niggles as no one will want to lose the shirt or a place in the squad. There is no point whatsoever not loaning out Brown and then not putting him in the squad.

Be interesting to see if Warne sticks with the same XI. I hope so with the only change I wouldn’t mind is Harness in over NML only if NML isn’t fit enough after his international duty. Also be nice to have NML’s pace off the bench. 

Ozoh and Ebou have to play from the start as cardiffs three man midfield are lightweight and definitely don’t have the legs ours does. 9 times out 10 if you win the midfield battle you win the game. Jackson should also have a field day against O’Dowda. 

JWZ

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Elder

Ozoh Ebou

Jackson Goudmijn NML/Harness 

Yates 

Bench: Vickers, Phillips, Forsyth, Osborn, Tommo, Chirewa, NML/Harness, Brown, Collins. 

Edited by Eoghan1884

Absolutely outstanding performance last time out, so no need whatsoever for any major changes. More of the same please. Only switch Id potentially make is to bring Wilson back in at RB now he’s fit again, he started the season very well and offers more going forward than Nyambe.

Zetterström

Wilson Nelson Cashin Elder

Ozoh Adams

Jackson Goudmijn Mendez-Laing

Yates

Some on the Cardiff forum are frustrated over their tactics, lots of play it out from the back sidey backwards. The manager is getting no slack but has promised changes. I expect unchanged team but new faces on the bench. 

I always want a win in any case but after the great performance against Bristol a quality follow up would be a huge boost to confidence and have a value way beyond a win. I loved the bit in Kenzo’s interview when describing the atmosphere he said no opponent will want to come here. In the stands we need to remember and reinforce that. 

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

Quick, kill it with fire. Nobody will know! 

It’s ok ( whisper it but he said middlesboro instead of Cardiff), so we’re ok, I think, just about 🤞

I’m hoping our quick attack and strong midfield will be just too much for them and I’m going for a Yates double from quick breaks 👍

same starting 11 except Osborn for Adams and maybe Harness for NML after international duty 😊

19 minutes ago, jono said:

Some on the Cardiff forum are frustrated over their tactics, lots of play it out from the back sidey backwards. The manager is getting no slack but has promised changes. I expect unchanged team but new faces on the bench. 

I always want a win in any case but after the great performance against Bristol a quality follow up would be a huge boost to confidence and have a value way beyond a win. I loved the bit in Kenzo’s interview when describing the atmosphere he said no opponent will want to come here. In the stands we need to remember and reinforce that. 

They also seem to think they’ll walk all over us and win. Remarkable for a team who has only had 14 shots on target this season, 1 goal and 1 point. 

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

They also seem to think they’ll walk all over us and win. Remarkable for a team who has only had 14 shots on target this season, 1 goal and 1 point. 

That’s weird 🤣. Even our most cheerful followers and after a good last game would never say that. Yet they are away and after a poor start and thinking it’s a walkover .. they wouldn’t last 5 mins on here with some of our doomsayers. 🤪

2 hours ago, DE56Ram said:

It’s ok ( whisper it but he said middlesboro instead of Cardiff), so we’re ok, I think, just about 🤞

I’m hoping our quick attack and strong midfield will be just too much for them and I’m going for a Yates double from quick breaks 👍

same starting 11 except Osborn for Adams and maybe Harness for NML after international duty 😊

I think Adam’s is undroppable. He’s like Eustace in that whatever the team is he just knits it all together.

Plus ‘law of the ex-player’ means he’s destined to score.

19 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I think Adam’s is undroppable. He’s like Eustace in that whatever the team is he just knits it all together.

Plus ‘law of the ex-player’ means he’s destined to score.

Full time 

Derby 6-0 Cardiff 

Scorers - Collins, Nelson, Phillips, NML, Ebou and Rohan Luthra.