Investment

10 hours ago, richinspain said:

They do with clubs on the periphery, but for a club in our position I believe that it will be someone looking to make a "quick" buck. A  four or five year project with the hope of getting into and consolidating in the Premier League. Sell at a profit and thanks for the memories.

Yes, lots of examples of it not exactly going to plan / don't have the money (or want to spend it), just pull the plug. 

Is it worth seeking funding from the following (source of the following information perplexity ai): "Arctos Partners has invested in several European football clubs, including Paris Saint-Germain (PSG), Atalanta, and Liverpool through its stake in Fenway Sports Group. These investments demonstrate Arctos's interest in European soccer despite their focus on North American sports assets. Their expertise in sports franchise investments and strategic partnerships could be beneficial for Derby County FC as they seek a business partner to invest in the team. Arctos's experience with European clubs might help them navigate the unique challenges and opportunities presented by the European sports market."

On 28/09/2024 at 07:39, Ghost of Clough said:

He bought them for £140m, taking his total investment to just over £1b. They were then sold for £2.5b.

The investment is in club value, rather than trying to get to a point where they can make a profit each year.

Chelsea have just sold their own hotel ( built on the shed end) to themselves , but the city of Derby bares no comparason to London . It takes many £millions to turn a mid table Champ team into a stable Prem team . Clowes will have to be very careful who he gets into bed with .

Not Derby related but still interesting 

Amanda Staveley 'lining up sizeable investment in Spurs using Middle East cash' just months on from leaving Newcastle - after financier spotted in the stands for Tottenham's home clash against Brentford

from the Daily Mail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13904585/Amanda-Staveley-Spurs-Middle-East-Newcastle-Tottenham.html

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

4 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I read the article as Staveley was simply brokering a  deal not providing the finances herself. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, I believe that was what got her in with the Saudis - putting deals together.

I've dealt with Saudi/Emirates "fixers" before - some of them ended up very wealthy indeed.

The Manoukkians name came up recently in connection with Everton. Their path to wealth started when they were fixers for the Sultan of Brunei. Now I think they're billionaires.

Anyone have any thoughts on what the aim of the press release to kick all of this was?  Are we looking to invite more bidders to the table to beat an existing bid or bids or are we preparing the public for an actual already sale in a few weeks time? 

19 minutes ago, swanny said:

Anyone have any thoughts on what the aim of the press release to kick all of this was?  Are we looking to invite more bidders to the table to beat an existing bid or bids or are we preparing the public for an actual already sale in a few weeks time? 

Probably shaking the tree. "If you're interested, now is the time to talk to us".

I'd be surprised if it means an agreement was about to be announced.

It's pointless speculating,this World of high finance, investment etc makes up its own rules as it goes along .lt is corrupt and full off con men . we just have to hope we strike lucky or it could be build up the club increase it's value then asset strip in a mega sale.

15 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I love that we’ve been spun into calling it ‘investment’ instead of sale. Our PR team has certainly been upgraded since Mel’s day 

That's because, under the proposed arrangement, the club isn't being sold : Clowes would be giving up an 80% shareholding in exchange for investment. A sale involves the complete transfer of a company's entire shares.

What we don't know is how much of that investment will be available for spending on facilities and transfers and how much will be used to pay off loans from Clowes Developments.

Isnt clowes just selling an 80% share in the playing squad, no stadium or training facilities.

Much of the team has little value, many contracts are running out in the summer of 2025.

Many players are past the point you'd make any kind of financial return on them.

Where's the Incentive to invest, when all that's on offer is the squad.

Is cashin, the most valuable asset.

Once a prospective buyers bought their 80% in the playing squad, there's still the need to invest in strengthening the playing squad and replacing all the players due to leave in 2025.

I cant see clowes getting his money back through this investment. Hasn't he spent a significant sum above and beyond the value of the squad.

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

Isnt clowes just selling an 80% share in the playing squad, no stadium or training facilities.

Much of the team has little value, many contracts are running out in the summer of 2025.

Many players are past the point you'd make any kind of financial return on them.

Where's the Incentive to invest, when all that's on offer is the squad.

Is cashin, the most valuable asset.

Once a prospective buyers bought their 80% in the playing squad, there's still the need to invest in strengthening the playing squad and replacing all the players due to leave in 2025.

I cant see clowes getting his money back through this investment. Hasn't he spent a significant sum above and beyond the value of the squad.

It's all gossip atm but it was Club and ground being talked about.

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's all gossip atm but it was Club and ground being talked about.

I think that Clowes Developments will hang on to the ground . The rental income is about £1 mill a year and he could bang it up if a new owner came in . The land for the training ground is leased . So that leaves the  playing squad . Some would say it is less valuable than when Clowes took over . The Crown Jewels of Knight and Bird have been sold and the money gone into the day to day running . Would we get our money back on Jacob or Kenzo ? Or will they let their contracts down like many before them ? That leaves the likes of NML who we have to pay for almost 2 years . Who knows what will happen with Cashin . A new owner would need deep pockets if they are thinking of the Prem. 

13 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think that Clowes Developments will hang on to the ground . The rental income is about £1 mill a year and he could bang it up if a new owner came in . The land for the training ground is leased . So that leaves the  playing squad . Some would say it is less valuable than when Clowes took over . The Crown Jewels of Knight and Bird have been sold and the money gone into the day to day running . Would we get our money back on Jacob or Kenzo ? Or will they let their contracts down like many before them ? That leaves the likes of NML who we have to pay for almost 2 years . Who knows what will happen with Cashin . A new owner would need deep pockets if they are thinking of the Prem. 

You think that, but Dom Deitrich has said Clowes thinks otherwise.

"I understand the stadium and club WILL stay in the same group regardless of investment coming in and won't be split up. I know the club are working in line with the government white paper to protect this."