v Blackburn (A) Match Thread

Day

21 hours ago, Ravanelli said:

I feel for you. Be assured they don’t represent 99% of the population. 

You’re right mate, https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/czx66dkx3wlo

Back to the football. I think I’d start Fozzie over Elder. He’s still a class act, lots of experience, Cash seems happier with him there too. Elder has looked a little nervy in pre season. 

2 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

Back to the football. I think I’d start Fozzie over Elder. He’s still a class act, lots of experience, Cash seems happier with him there too. Elder has looked a little nervy in pre season. 

I think the worry is that Fozzy will get roasted for pace by their right winger. Forget his name but he is meant to be rapid. 

If we go 433 I would prefer nyambe at right back:

Vickers

Nyambe Nelson Cashin Elder

Ozoh

Goujdmijn Osborn

NML Collins Jackson 

If we go 343 I would prefer Wilson as wing back

Vickers

Nelson Bradley Cashin

Wilson Goujdmijn / Adams Ozoh Osborn

NML Collins Jackson 

4 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

Same here. Fozzy may be getting on but his experience makes up for any lack lack of pace. Ive not warmed to Elder I'm afraid. I dont think hes very good.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Same here. Fozzy may be getting on but his experience makes up for any lack lack of pace. Ive not warmed to Elder I'm afraid. I dont think hes very good.

We certainly looked better second half on Saturday 

50 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We only have Forsyth and Elder - who is better? - Forsyth has outlasted about 10 other left backs with ease and been better than all of them 

As a 7 year old in the playground I used to play 2-man FA with a tennis ball and a Blackburn supporting mate of mine. At the time I was a glory hunting Arsenal fan and so our team name in lunch time competitions was ArseBurn... Make of that what you will.

Derby for the win by the way. Easy pickings, Warne is the Championship Guardiola etc. etc.

Vickers

Wilson  Nelson (C)  Cashin  Fozzy

Ozoh           Osbourne

NML                 Kenzo          Jackson

Collins

Bring Brown on for Collins around 70

Wilson brings more threat and link up play for me and Fozzy is always solid 👌🏼 

5 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

The one thing I’d love for us to work on is how to hold on to possession. It really does feel a half hearted press and our back line are forced into a ball up field that is given to the opposition very easily. 

Agree. When we get the ball it’s all a bit rushed.

I’m happy we have pace in the team but we have to be more precise when we choose our passes.

Goudmijn will help.

Edited by Anag Ram
Typo

9 minutes ago, DE56Ram said:

It’s more than one player though

Ozoh is well capable and Osborn can pick a pass

on a different note 

are we having a few beverages at The Fernhurst before the game it’s 100 yards from the away end if three year memory serves me right? 

If you’re early enough, there will be queues.

9 hours ago, Ravanelli said:

I think the worry is that Fozzy will get roasted for pace by their right winger. Forget his name but he is meant to be rapid. 

So was Brennan Johnson till Foz accidentally stamped on his knackers.

I'd go Foz all day long over Elder. Different gravy even at 36. 

Second option Osborn with Ebou and Ozoh in front of the defence.

1 hour ago, DE56Ram said:

It’s more than one player though

Ozoh is well capable and Osborn can pick a pass

on a different note 

are we having a few beverages at The Fernhurst before the game it’s 100 yards from the away end if three year memory serves me right? 

Neither Ozoh or Osborn are likely to change the fundamentals of how we play though.

One is doubling up and potentially improving on Adams the other doubling up and (I'd say clearly) improving on Thompson, should he be able to stay fit. 

I think if we get a proper hold up / linking CF (although I've been pleasantly surprised by Yates in that regard) then things may change, but if we get a number 9 who's primarily there to win headers it's unlikely we'll divert from out aversion to spending much time playing it centrally.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

Derby can mix it up now that we have three class midfielders that can all play each other and inside left/right in.

we’re going to see some action in and around ‘the Dee’ this season as Ozoh, Kenzo and Osborn get us going from the middle. 
I think we’re going to be good to watch 👍

12 hours ago, MaltRam said:

So was Brennan Johnson till Foz accidentally stamped on his knackers.

I'd go Foz all day long over Elder. Different gravy even at 36. 

Second option Osborn with Ebou and Ozoh in front of the defence.

Johnson wraps his nuts in €50 notes now , but Fozzy is still our only defender with a bit of pace . Saw him close up on Saturday and he looks sharp . Able to cover for Cashin against the “Speedboats”. 

I am quite hopeful in that on Saturday we seemed to have discovered where midfield is. Hopefully the coaching staff managed to draw where it is on their pitch diagram. My main concern is that Weimann now plays for them, and Blackburn might play him in his best position, which makes him a threat. As does him being an ex-Ram.