Rohan Luthra - signed on a 1-year-deal

On 22/07/2024 at 14:51, oomarkwright said:

Why don't keepers catch the ball these days? All they do is punch it away. Annoys me no end. 

My theory is that it's because the balls are so incredibly light these days, so there's a much greater risk of whether they'll pop straight out.

Further, in his prime Shilton was the best keeper in the world - around the time of the Spanish 1982 World Cup. By the time we finally bought him, he was well over the hill. Still decent, but nothing special.

Meanwhile, what's going on with Rohan Luthra?

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not sure if there is any point bringing Luthra in if he is going to take a spot in the 25 man squad

Could he go into the U23 squad? I agree we probably don't need him and the lanky Swede. 

9 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Could he go into the U23 squad? I agree we probably don't need him and the lanky Swede. 

He would be used there but due to his age would need to be in our 25 man squad 

Shame because he came out and collected well at an attackers feet early on and I was thinking, 'I haven't seen him have too much to do so far in pre season but that was tidy'... but the lethargic flap at a shot straight down the middle of the goal with no real movement is pretty unforgiveable.  

It sounds like he's been decent in the training camp, but has probably already lost any credibility with fans after that last night. I'd sooner have Loach back, someone with a bit of experience if the worse comes to the worse - especially if they're taking up a slot on the 25-man squad. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

It sounds like he's been decent in the training camp, but has probably already lost any credibility with fans after that last night. I'd sooner have Loach back, someone with a bit of experience if the worse comes to the worse - especially if they're taking up a slot on the 25-man squad. 

I’d say “damaged” his credibility with sensible fans rather than lost it all. He wouldn’t be the first player to have had a poor first game (or so) but turned out to be decent.

Quotes from Warne in this suggest we’ll offer Luthra a contract;

"He's trained with us and he's a great kid," said Warne. "He's been brilliant in training and he will come in as third choice. He's just a young man and I think we will keep him. He's been a great addition."

25 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

"He's trained with us and he's a great kid," said Warne. "He's been brilliant in training and he will come in as third choice. He's just a young man and I think we will keep him. He's been a great addition."

Current evidence shows he can't play goalkeeper though. Is he any good up front?

34 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

icegif-2592.gif

7 hours ago, roboto said:

Relax guys. He’ll play as much first team football as Scott Loach did. It will free up opportunities to allow the young keepers to go out on loan and gain valuable experience.

How some of our fans are too dense to understand this baffles me. 

Edited by IlsonDerby