Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

i dont understand why its so hard to decide when they want to release him and sign the contract. if the date of him joining is dependant on how they do in the european games i'd hope we've at least signed some sort of exclusivity contract with them to avoid us e gazumped by a better offer?

3 minutes ago, swanny said:

i dont understand why its so hard to decide when they want to release him and sign the contract. if the date of him joining is dependant on how they do in the european games i'd hope we've at least signed some sort of exclusivity contract with them to avoid us e gazumped by a better offer?

Or is it an example of giving them an inch, then them taking a mile.

what may have been letting him play one game while they didn’t have another gk turned into him playing the second leg then the next qualifying round.

1 hour ago, swanny said:

I must say that although I have some faith in our negotiating crew you would have thought that a “do the deal” and loan him to them for 30/60 days would be much more simple than all this hanging on an edge ? Would t everyone be more comfortable and be able to concentrate on the job in hand. ?

Warne said a goalkeeper was joining this week and he was talking to 3 options. I personally think Djurgardens have messed us around enough now, and this deal doesn’t happen. We will sign a different goalkeeper this week which hasn’t been linked yet.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Warne said a goalkeeper was joining this week and he was talking to 3 options. I personally think Djurgardens have messed us around enough now, and this deal doesn’t happen. We will sign a different goalkeeper this week which hasn’t been linked yet.

If we don't sign Zetterstrom then I would imagine it's Iversen - but who knows at this stage. He did say three keepers, but also mentioned that two are much better than the rest. We know Iversen has been a target for a long time.

I wonder if the situation has opened the door for a revisit, with Leicester not using him much during pre-season then perhaps their valuations have come down. 

37 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I think the opposite…

I think the Swedish side have asked to just postpone until they’re got his replacement in and registered. 

They said it would be this week. Now that move is happening. So now JWZ is free to leave.

I think we’ll see him sign for us this week but not in time to be involved against Blackburn. 

They could sign Rinne and register both Zetterstrom and Rinne for this qualifying round.  Zetterstrom plays in the 1st leg tomorrow but he’s then free to leave as Rinne will be able to play the 2nd leg next week.  Just a thought?

Still think it’s more likely he joins at the end of next week though.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

Ideally we want him in asap...but there's no logic to just 'getting someone else'.

Even the difference in points between having a new keeper for the first 2 or 3 games instead of Vickers (who did ok last season) and having the better keeper we actually want for 46 games... just makes absolutely no sense to me.

Got to trust that the club who are actually speaking to everyone involved know what they are doing and stop catastrophising every single situation. 

Happens every signing now... 'Why hasnt he signed', 'Why hasn't it been announced', reports from the papers about other club's interests, comments about 'if they aren't bothered let's move on' etc.

Happening with Dembele, but it happens almost all the time...a little squeak of news comes out and then lots of knickers get in a twist (their social media accounts are scrutinised to see who they are following' etc) and then after a ton of panic (and  criticism'why havent we offered them more/ how much money do we have / we aren't investing / we are definitely relegated without them etc gets gradually intensified) then they sign .. everyone forgets the hysteria and are happy for 5mins and then move onto the next target who we will be relegated without.

If it was a bit of fun, then I don't mind. But it's like having a child who wants the next toy ...gets it, and then wants the next one 2mins later. 

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

If we don't sign Zetterstrom then I would imagine it's Iversen - but who knows at this stage. He did say three keepers, but also mentioned that two are much better than the rest. We know Iversen has been a target for a long time.

I wonder if the situation has opened the door for a revisit, with Leicester not using him much during pre-season then perhaps their valuations have come down. 

It feels like the transfer fees would be similar for both players so it comes down to salary. Is Iversen willing to go back to his Championship salary with another promotion wage boost inserted or is he sticking by his guns. What is his 1 year on 25k a week worth to him vs a 3 year contract on 10k per week with us but as number one so in the shop window for Europe and premier teams. 

3 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

They could sign Rinne and register both Zetterstrom and Rinne for this qualifying round.  Zetterstrom plays in the 1st leg tomorrow but he’s then free to leave as Rinne will be able to play the 2nd leg next week.  Just a thought?

I have a feeling this may be the case but with Zetterstrom joining us over the weekend.

So he plays the 1st leg on Thursday then joins us, it would mean he misses 1 league game but we get him in the building in time to play vs Chesterfield where he can get some game time before Middlesbrough next weekend.

Djurgarden have no weekend fixture so it would mean Rinne gets a weeks training like they reportedly want ahead of their 2nd leg next Thursday.

To me this makes the most sense. I cant see them bringing Rinne in as first choice but then not playing him next week.

4 hours ago, Chester40 said:

..a little squeak of news comes out and then lots of knickers get in a twist

There’s a marketing opportunity here where we could make a killing every transfer window - “Rams Twistable Knickers”, with the Ram logo on the front and “It’s The Derby Way” across the backside.

4 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

There’s a marketing opportunity here where we could make a killing every transfer window - “Rams Twistable Knickers”, with the Ram logo on the front and “It’s The Derby Way” across the backside.

We could have Pride on the front of the knickers and Park on the reverse. 

Zetterstrom will obviously play in the European game tomorrow night. With Jacob Rinne seemingly not having signed officially yet, I'm expecting our boy will also play on Thursday 15th, and then sign for us in the days following. I don't see how Rinne could be registered for this round of European matches. I hope whatever happens, Djurgården get knocked out so that excuse for this rather farcical situation doesn't continue.

6 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Yes a Djurgarden reporter has said that’s what’s most likely going to happen once Ronnie is done today and registered in time.