Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

That rinne was bound to join after this round of qualifiers because they didn't want to pay 2 wages. It's a frustrating saga, like waiting for a premier league loanee who club have agreed to let out but only once premiership season has started. Hopefully Vickers gained confidence from the Spanish friendly 

36 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Let's all hope that they get hammered out of site in these two qualifying games. I wish them nothing but bad fortune personally.

I hope so, too, because I'm closely connected to Ilves! 😝 

Seems like their replacement can’t or won’t be registered for a few weeks, I just read a Danish and Swedish article about it with neither clarifying the delay but one of the tweeted responses earlier seems to suggest it’s to do with either an outstanding payment or a registration bonus 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

It appears that there’s a delay in them getting their replacement signed and registered so they’re holding onto JWZ for as long as they can. Suppose you could point out they’ve got 2 other keepers, so there’s an argument to use them like we’re having to with Vickers, but as has been suggested they hold the cards and we’ve just got to accept the club is being patient until such time as we decide to move onto another target (which probably doesn’t happen). 

3 hours ago, Sean said:

You lot need to relax. Clubs negotiate on all kinds of different things and we have no idea if he's here tomorrow or in a few weeks. It sounds like he's worth the wait regardless so no need for undue panic.

Put some trust in those running the club that got us back to the Championship and hopefully onto a sustainable path!

The one thing we don't know is whether we have some degree of contract with the club to proceed.  If so, they may be confident the deal will go through albeit with a wait involved.

18 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Screw it. Walk away from the deal and leave them stuck with two keepers who both think they are first choice.

Counter argument: is it worth waiting for just another 2/3 weeks to secure the apparent 'best goalkeeper in Scandinavia' ?

Feel like if he arrives and turns out to be the best goalie we've had in years, I'd happily let Vickers go in goal for 1/2 games to make it happen.

Wouldn't you?

(Obviously I am assuming he's going to be a good signing) 

1 hour ago, SECornerRAM said:

Very Interesting / strange situation on this one 
Just spoke with someone at the club who is completely unsure of where we are with it: 

Everything is agreed but nothing is signed 

On Friday the above was all correct and he was heading over today (Monday) - Now it appears they're playing hard ball with their asset. They had all agreed he would be in Derby training this week but all verbal. 

As we stand, Djurgardens hold all the aces on the transfer date: unless we want to pull out of the deal 

Pulling out of the deal is great to show strength but in a balanced way lose out on a really good deal for the sake of three league games (worst case) 

Fair to say everyone at Derby is less than happy about the situation, but until anything is signed its their asset and they decide what to do.

They have acted in bad faith though - absolute no doubt about it. 

Is the player still pushing for this move to be completed ASAP, as you suggested in your previous post?

A Djurgarden reporter with almost 8 thousand followers is now saying they expect Rinne (JWZ’s replacement to sign on Wednesday to be registered for the dual meeting in the qualifying games. They expect JWZ to play this Thursday and then Rinne to play the second leg next week. 

A total sh*t show but let’s hope he’s worth the wait and I think he will be.

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Is the player still pushing for this move to be completed ASAP, as you suggested in your previous post?

bit of a rock and a hard place 

Hearing these things second hand - The wording to me was that he wasn't happy as he thought when he came for the medical it was all done finish the last round then come over.

He wont hand in a transfer request but has told them he wants to leave, he was ready to come and he was fully expecting to be here today. 

Equally he wants to help Djurgardens and not leave on bad terms 

35 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Counter argument: is it worth waiting for just another 2/3 weeks to secure the apparent 'best goalkeeper in Scandinavia' ?

Feel like if he arrives and turns out to be the best goalie we've had in years, I'd happily let Vickers go in goal for 1/2 games to make it happen.

Wouldn't you?

Well, yeah, but my option is funnier.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Wouldn't you?

Sad Baby GIF

BUT I WANT ALL RIGHT NOW!!!