Academy Thread 2024/2025

I think that now means 44 U21s and U18s (excluding DRobinson and DBrown). We used 51 non first team players in the leagues last season, although that included 10 U16s and trialists as well as a couple of loans.

I'm expecting quite a few 19+ year olds getting loans throughout the season.

Charles Ebuka Agbawodikeizu - Former West Ham youth player, striker. 

Sean Corry - Northern Irish attacker https://fermanaghherald.com/2024/06/derby-deal-for-talented-corry/

Braidy Connell-Webster - No info.

Rio Canoville - Played in 4 games for U18's last season, started his only game at CB in a 6-1 win vs Sunderland.

AJ Doyle - Defender signed from Celtic, Irish. https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5289548/2024/06/11/scotland-england-young-players-brexit/

Alfie Friars - Northern Irish CB https://colerainefc.com/friars-seals-move-to-derby-county/

Khace Gordon - Brother of Kellan and Kaide, assume he's been with us a for a while. Played 3 games at RB for the U18's last season.

Israel Green - Looks like he's played a few positions, involved in 10 games last season.

Dantel Hodges - No info.

Marley Mintus - Midfielder, involved in 6 games last season for the U18's.

Harvey Rees - Welsh keeper, signed from Swansea in January.

James Ward - Played 30 minutes last season for us.

28 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I did wonder if he was related, would be great if we managed to see one of them make it with Derby.

Especially if he's the best one!

Hi sorry if this is wrong thread but I presume you guys that watch the academy more would be able to tell me more about the young keeper Jack Thompson ? Is he being looked at for the 1st team ? I know he played for England 

4 minutes ago, BatRam said:

Hi sorry if this is wrong thread but I presume you guys that watch the academy more would be able to tell me more about the young keeper Jack Thompson ? Is he being looked at for the 1st team ? I know he played for England 

He was my man of the match most weeks despite the number of goals we conceded over the season. If it wasn't for Jack, we would have conceded a lot more. He likes to play out from the back, but needs to learn when to go long as he can play the defence into trouble at times. It's something I think he'll learn from quickly with first team football.

Realistically... 3rd choice GK, potentially an opportunity in the cup. Then loaned out to L2 in January, L1 in 25/26, then back in our first team in 26/27.

We are interested in signing Freddy Turley who’s a highly rated 18 year old from shamrock rovers (who have a very successful youth system).

Turley was part of a very strong u17 Irish squad who competed in the euros last year and actually captained them. A lot of that squad have now been picked up all across the continent.

Turley is on loan at Bray Wanderers in the second division in Ireland where he’s played centre midfield, right back and right wing. He’s became an important player for bray and has already got 25 games for them since December.

8 hours ago, roboto said:

Probably best to ask after the match has taken place 😉

Oh I don't know. It depends which camp you're in. Some will have already decided that they should all be in or around the first team, or else not capable of playing for the Dog And Duck Sunday League team.