Kenzo Goudmijn

Eoghan1884

TRANSFER RUMORS 'Kenzo Goudmijn leaves for Derby County' AZFanpageJune 29, 2024 Kenzo Goudmijn is about to continue his career in England. Derby County, who will play in the Championship again next season, are interested in the midfielder. Goudmijn was relegated last season with Excelsior, where he spent the last six months on loan. 'Excelsior receives part of the transfer fee' The intention was that Goudmijn would play for Excelsior again next season, but that chance decreased after the relegation. Excelsior receives a percentage of the transfer fee in the event of a sale to Derby County. However, the transition has not yet been finalized. A lot of interest in Kenzo Goudmijn In addition to Derby County, there was also interest in Goudmijn from FC Groningen, which was promoted to the Eredivisie this season. SC Heerenveen and Heracles Almelo were also still in the market. Goudmijn is also said to have already had discussions with the latter club.

Edited by Ram a lamb a ding dong

It looks like there is something in this one after all, curious to know the price but seems like we’re actually bringing in a talented, technical footballer who we importantly look to develop. It’s so pleased with this approach, even if this one doesn’t turn out to be the answer to all our problems. 

I hope that all the players we are bringing in for transfer fees follow a similar profile. 

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I know nothing about him, but seems from a scan online to be an interesting move and it's exciting to be scouting from further afield. Hoping better results than our previous forays into the foreign market!

Have we actually made any good signings from abroad since rasiak, idiakez, bisgaard and reich? 

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I know nothing about him, but seems from a scan online to be an interesting move and it's exciting to be scouting from further afield. Hoping better results than our previous forays into the foreign market!

What like Stimac, Eranio, Wanchope or Azanovic? 
if Clowes is successful in re-establishing Derby County in the top echolons. I’m betting he will be. Then looking further afield and selecting good young talent will probably be a factor in that success.

im putting money on us bringing a couple of ‘unknown’ European players that do make the grade  to Derby as part of our development process.

whenever Rams have been promoted we’ve pushed on and had a successful few seasons in the division(s) above👆 COYR 😊

Just now, DE56Ram said:

if Clowes is successful in re-establishing Derby County in the top echolons. I’m betting he will be. Then looking further afield and selecting good young talent will probably be a factor in that success.

im putting money on us bringing a couple of ‘unknown’ European players that do make the grade  to Derby as part of our development process.

whenever Rams have been promoted we’ve pushed on and had a successful few seasons in the division(s) above👆 COYR 😊

I imagine he meant more Albentosa, Camara and Mike te weirdo (I’m leaving that autocorrect in 😂

24 minutes ago, DE56Ram said:

Don't get me wrong, I think it's exciting and would love it to be a good move, but our record abroad in the last few years is pretty shocking, it can only get better!

Interesting one this - I can’t help but think of Mike Te Weirik though…

Looks like a box to box midfielder, and we certainly do need to continue our rebuild in that area following the arrival of Osborn. Doesn’t seem to have pulled up any trees on loan at Excelsior though, no goals and 2 assists last season - we’d be needing a much better output from him than that.

I’m unconvinced, but glad we’re being a bit more imaginative with our recruitment and looking abroad - he may find the Championship a bit easier than the Eredivisie, it’s hard to tell what the relative levels are.

With the eye test (the video someone sent in) compared to the stats, he seems like a right mix of a midfielder. 

I guess Warne has a plan for him but he looks like he can play the Bird role based on how far forward he in those videos (and I realise those videos are a small snapshot). 

if we sign him, then I’ll be excited we are signing a foreign player like many others, as it has been a long time coming. If we don’t, we don’t and we move on. 

These are the kind of players Brighton sign for peanuts and then sell for millions 🤣.

Complete unknowns. 

It might not work, but it might.

This is one AZ opinion:-

Very good technical player who is good at dribbling and passing. Dominant player on the ball. He should improve his Goals and assists to become a more complete player and I am curious how he will do in a more physical competition like the championship. But good player overall.

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

These are the kind of players Brighton sign for peanuts and then sell for millions 🤣.

Complete unknowns. 

It might not work, but it might.

This is one AZ opinion:-

Very good technical player who is good at dribbling and passing. Dominant player on the ball. He should improve his Goals and assists to become a more complete player and I am curious how he will do in a more physical competition like the championship. But good player overall.

My own opinion on Warne is that he thrives on taking technically gifted footballers and pushing them to play with more purpose. 

I feel this could be a good fit. He has very, very good pedigree: 30-odd caps at youth international level and he’s just had a good season in the top flight of Holland. He might not be a player who comes into the team and is absolutely flawless from day one, but what an exciting prospect to work with - more of this, I beg Derby!