Kenzo Goudmijn - signed to 2028

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Permanent deal then, not a loan. Sounds like it could be our first long term one too since admin (4/5 years maybe)

At his age & with it being a permanent deal a 4 or 5 year contract makes sense. Means we can spread the cost over a number of years & he is 22 so could improve massively over the next few years.

He is the sort of player Brighton or Brentford would pick up & sell on for a huge profit in a couple of years

42 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Know what you mean though. Looks a baller.

Few folk having a moan about our signings and those we've failed to sign (allegedly), but I'm pretty happy so far. Seems like we're refusing to pay asking price unless we've assessed the player to be worth their valuation and we've certainly spread the net a deal wider in trying to source and secure best value. Fingers crossed the report is correct, would be my take.

I’m hoping it’s a case of we’ve got the easy ones over the line, the meat of it is yet to come as it’s not as straight forward and may involve fees. Plus, we will be using the loan market a bit more this year, could see a couple of Prem loans on top. 

Pretty sure you need to be out the country whilst awaiting the work permit to come through. We’re just employing a Czech guy at our work place and awaiting his permit and he’s currently in his country.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Pretty sure you need to be out the country whilst awaiting the work permit to come through. We’re just employing a Czech guy at our work place and awaiting his permit and he’s currently in his country.

Think football is a bit different. Remember they said they made the process easier after Brexit caused issues. 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Kazmierzac was a dream on YouTube if I remember correctly.

Yeah, plus he had real pedigree - signed for decent money to Porto and a full Polish international. 

The very obvious red flag that we all missed was that.. we were able to sign him. 

You have to be wary when signing any player, even the most proven players that have walked through the door haven’t always lived up to the standard, many fall way short. We have seen technically gifted players come from overseas and struggle to have an impact, Mascarell and Bueno come to mind - you could even count Jozwiak in that too although I’m not sure he was even that technically gifted either. 

We may need to be patient with this player as he develops physically, perhaps he won’t even come in as a day one starter and will be slowly drip fed games on an intense training programme. He’s still very much in his professional development phase but there are really promising signs that he may become a very real prospect for us. 

2 hours ago, Indy said:

“so-called Championship” 🤣

I can beat that..."After his 2 rental periods" so sod that, Next time I rent a car...i'm gonna ask to loan it 👌

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Think football is a bit different. Remember they said they made the process easier after Brexit caused issues. 

The process of obtaining the permit is easier - no specific criteria is required to be met for up to 4 individuals… but you still need to apply for the permit.

It represents very good value of money, even if he fails to make the transition into English football. I doubt we will be hard-pushed to find a club in Holland to take him back for a similar fee. 

£600k, over four years. £150k book-depreciation is very insignificant from an accounting point of view too. 

£600k looks to be a really good deal on paper - he’s young, 2 years left on his current contract, and he’s a former Netherlands youth international. I was expecting the fee to be well into 7 figures. Well done to those who negotiated it. 

As expected, our first long term contract since exiting admin - think that’s reasonable given his age and potential resale value.

On a side note… I think this is the first proper PROPER fee we’ve been able to pay since… Kamil Jozwiak? We’ve had a few workarounds, like Wilson coming here as part of the Knight deal, and the “loan fee” for Blackett-Taylor. But think this is the first time, after 4 years under an embargo of some sort, that we’ve been free to make a proper normal purchase like any other club. This is a big moment in our resurrection from Mel’s destruction imo.

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

£600k looks to be a really good deal on paper - he’s young, 2 years left on his current contract, and he’s a former Netherlands youth international. I was expecting the fee to be well into 7 figures. Well done to those who negotiated it. 

Yeah £600k looks reasonable, I did notice in the fan comments on one of the AZalerts articles, someone said they expected/hoped for a fee of 2m euros plus a sell on.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Srg said:

The only difference with the FA rules from before Brexit to post Brexit was that EU national footballers would be treated the same as non EU nationals, so a Dutch player would have to go through the same process as say a Costa Rican whereas they wouldn't before.

The FA set the criteria by and large and much stricter than the law. This is to protect the game from being saturated from too many non British players and stopping the development of own grown talent. They weren't allowed to do this prior to Brexit as it would have been illegal under EU law.

Edited by GB SPORTS

20 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

My mates in the Netherlands and saw him entering a restaurant where you have to take your foot ware off...we need to think whether we should sign him.

image.png.e283bf429befa109e6431b1e15d88101.png😁

These will be left outside if he gets off to a bad start.

IMG_0230.jpeg.557681c723afebbf1b39881a7ae3ba21.jpeg

26 minutes ago, BobdeBilder said:

Don't forget Leon Arris aka Brian Glover.

Loved his acting too, He was in Kes the film and Porridge, All those 60s/70s wrestlers were the forerunners of todays lot

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Yeah £600k looks reasonable, I did notice in the fan comments on one of the AZalerts articles, someone said they expected/hoped for a fee of 2m euros plus a sell on.

That’s more like the kind of fee I was thinking - maybe not quite that much, but I still think £600k is a bargain on paper.