Karamoko Dembele - Gone to QPR on loan

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

No, stop commenting and it’ll disappear like magic, magicman.

but I bet you knew that?

Like certain posters who certain people don't like?

/bye

7 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Where was it said we were never in for him? Weren’t we first linked in June and then repeatedly through the summer?

It’s a bit galling that two players we could have realistically looked at - Azeez and Dembele - have ended up at Millwall and QPR in recent weeks.

We need a game-changing player in that mould, especially with NML struggling at the moment.

Leigh Curtis has claimed that we were never in for him. 

Weird though because both Nixon and Witcoop strongly linked us. 

Either they were told false information in order to whip up interest, or LC has been asked by the club to say otherwise to pour cold water on fans disappointment. 

What I would say is if we weren’t in for him then why? He’s exactly the sort of player we should be all over.

41 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

We might as well say that we should have been in for Mbappe as well.

Both of them were beyond our means, unfortunately.

When have ever signed a decent French player 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Where was it said we were never in for him? Weren’t we first linked in June and then repeatedly through the summer?

It’s a bit galling that two players we could have realistically looked at - Azeez and Dembele - have ended up at Millwall and QPR in recent weeks.

We need a game-changing player in that mould, especially with NML struggling at the moment.

Perhaps they wanted to be in London. Cant fight that one

Just now, abertawe_ram said:

Youl Mawebe is the best of a bad bunch as far as I can think!

Ducroq, Martin, Grenet, Sunu being the others I can think of... Yikes

Well done for thinking of a half decent one - that said we got him from Preston didn't we ? ( does that count🤭)

2 hours ago, maydrakin said:

We might as well say that we should have been in for Mbappe as well.

Both of them were beyond our means, unfortunately.

I don’t think Dembele was beyond our means. The fee was under £2m wasn’t it, not too dissimilar to Zetterstrom, plus QPR’s wage bill will be comparative to our own. Not to mention if he continues in the same vein of form then there is a good chance QPR make a lot of money out of him playing for them anyway. The power of signing a player with resale value. 

16 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don’t think Dembele was beyond our means. The fee was under £2m wasn’t it, not too dissimilar to Zetterstrom, plus QPR’s wage bill will be comparative to our own. Not to mention if he continues in the same vein of form then there is a good chance QPR make a lot of money out of him playing for them anyway. The power of signing a player with resale value. 

He is only on loan at QPR

Edited by rynny

12 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I’d love to know why we were never in for him. 

Because we have no need for ball players. Our tactics this season are to park the bus and hope to sneak a goal from a free kick lumped into the box. 

Only joshing 😉 (maybe)