new fixture list 2024/25

16 minutes ago, angieram said:

There's no wonder the demographic of fans attending particularly  away games is changing, with lots of retired people who can change calendars around to fit in the travel to fixtures whenever.

It's much harder for people who work.

Also, surely this has got to affect families, who may be thinking twice about buying season tickets for kids when so many of the matches will be on school nights?

They can stay home and watch on the tele. I wonder how long before we get 'canned' chanting added to games? Oh yeah we've already had that. 😄 Won't have to worry about safe standing either but there will be a bigger demand for more toilet facilities and better hot tea availability. 😉 

4 hours ago, angieram said:

There's no wonder the demographic of fans attending particularly  away games is changing, with lots of retired people who can change calendars around to fit in the travel to fixtures whenever.

Also, surely this has got to affect families, who may be thinking twice about buying season tickets for kids when so many of the matches will be on school nights?

Stopped going to away matches a few years ago. For one thing it got to be an expensive day out and another was sime fans waltzed in dead on 3 and then stood all the match blocking your view, which is ok if you are able to stand and have not got children with you. But wouldnt want to watch any home games on tv, no atmosphere at all.

9 hours ago, angieram said:

Might be better for parents to be at football with the kids till 10 instead of them being in their bedrooms watching all sorts on phones till midnight . It’s us oldies that daren’t  leave our massive gaffs at night in case the burglars come round .

11 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

9am tomorrow.

The most exciting day in the football calendar, they do say!

Bring.  It.  On.

🐏

As much as I'm looking forward to the fixtures coming out I must admit I'm more excited by the cup draw on Thursday being as we could get drawn away to three clubs I've never seen us play away at - Barrow, Harrogate and Wrexham.

On 19/06/2024 at 13:30, Wolfie said:

I'd bet the increase in crowds is largely due to post-hillsborough all seater (new) stadiums and much improved facilities and general atmosphere at matches.

SKY can still have a negative effect on crowds, even if the crowds are still growing.

And those prem stats aren’t really straight, given ground expansion. Yes though, since the 90’s footy has gained some points in celebrity and mass following. It is a growing sport / market, the same can be said across many sports. Shoot I went to a none championship F1 event at Oulton Park in the 60’s and just milled around the cars and Dad waffled to the drivers. Security ? PA’s ? Access ? What are they 🤪

It’s business now and seriously professional so in numbers of “consumers” live or on TV it’s bigger .. not withstanding that there are twice the number of people on the planet than there were 40 years ago