Transfer rumours

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

In summary;

- We’ve been linked with 3 keepers, Marek Rodak (mentioned by @Big Trav as having been shown around the ground along with for West Ham striker Divin Mubama who looks to be joining Trabzonspor), Daniel Iversen and Mathew Ryan with momentum picking up (mainly from sources in the Netherlands) over the last few days that Ryan is joining us on a free.

- Ben Osborn was rumoured, then joined (mentioned by another new-ish ITK in @Round the Houses

- who also said Kayden Jackson was shown around Moor Farm, then he joined. And he/she/they mentioned Harry Souttar and Nigel Longwijk as having been to the training ground also.

- @SECornerRAM mentioned we were interested in Icelandic international Stefán Teitur Thórdarson which was excitingly teased by Danish media this weekend and then quickly ruined by Preston being named as his destination…all of which backs up what was initially said about a club in the north west pipping us to him.

- a number of the supposed “reliable” and more random transfer pages on social media have linked us to several names like Josh Murphy, Herbie Kane, Karamoko Dembele, Josh Windass, Scott McKenna and many others. Some of whom have re-signed with their existing clubs or moved on to join new sides not named Derby County, while others remain free agents so may be on the club’s radar.

- Goudmijn was mentioned via some Dutch Twitter posts that now look to have been on the money.

- most of the rumours suggested Sibley was off, with Rotherham mentioned as a likely destination but he’s since rocked up at what some may say are far more pleasant surroundings in Oxford.

- Collins was going then he wasn’t, Brum and Cardiff mentioned as possible destinations but he’s here for another year.

- rumours are that some people don’t rate Sonny Bradley at all and some others do or at least can see his uses.

- rumours are that some people don’t like ITK posters and some don’t mind it. 

- pretty accurate rumours that I really should spend more time working than I do procrastinating by reading and posting on here. 

I might have missed some. For me the summer rumours are always a bit of fun with some then developing into exciting and/or pragmatic signings, hopefully we get some more in the coming days and weeks. 

Worth mentioning @SECornerRAMis now saying Ryan isn't the keeper and it's Vaclav Hladky, formerly of Ipswich.

Edited by Srg

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

Worth mentioning @SECornerRAMis now saying Ryan isn't the keeper and it's Vaclav Hladky, formerly of Ipswich.

At 33 I wonder if he’d be coming in as the new “Scott Loach”, however I just checked and he played in all of Ipswich’s league games last season so IF he is joining, on the back of that season would he be content coming in as second or third choice? 

2 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Basically there were no new rumours to report so discussion, god forbid, naturally flowed to other matters.

I was purely looking to summarise the content of the thread so far in reply to @SKRam, please don’t take that as an attempt to police the content….though I do agree that if people want to have a wider conversation about Bradley, do so in the appropriate thread so we can get back to deciding which alleged ITK posters are genuine or not 😉 

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I was purely looking to summarise the content of the thread so far in reply to @SKRam, please don’t take that as an attempt to police the content….though I do agree that if people want to have a wider conversation about Bradley, do so in the appropriate thread so we can get back to deciding which alleged ITK posters are genuine or not 😉 

It was an excellent and very useful post CR.

In order for people to post in the appropriate thread, the posts they're replying to would need to be in the appropriate threads in the first place.

It'd be nice if everything was neatly in order and everyone just instinctively posted in the right place, but.... 

34 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

At 33 I wonder if he’d be coming in as the new “Scott Loach”, however I just checked and he played in all of Ipswich’s league games last season so IF he is joining, on the back of that season would he be content coming in as second or third choice? 

He'd be coming in as the starter I would have thought, he's not exactly over the hill for a GK. 

I wonder if the idea of signing an older keeper is to leave a pathway open for Harry Evans and/or Jack Thompson to take over as the starter in the next 2-3 years given they're pretty highly rated.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

In summary;

- We’ve been linked with 3 keepers, Marek Rodak (mentioned by @Big Trav as having been shown around the ground along with for West Ham striker Divin Mubama who looks to be joining Trabzonspor), Daniel Iversen and Mathew Ryan with momentum picking up (mainly from sources in the Netherlands) over the last few days that Ryan is joining us on a free.

- Ben Osborn was rumoured, then joined (mentioned by another new-ish ITK in @Round the Houses

- who also said Kayden Jackson was shown around Moor Farm, then he joined. And he/she/they mentioned Harry Souttar and Nigel Longwijk as having been to the training ground also.

- @SECornerRAM mentioned we were interested in Icelandic international Stefán Teitur Thórdarson which was excitingly teased by Danish media this weekend and then quickly ruined by Preston being named as his destination…all of which backs up what was initially said about a club in the north west pipping us to him.

- a number of the supposed “reliable” and more random transfer pages on social media have linked us to several names like Josh Murphy, Herbie Kane, Karamoko Dembele, Josh Windass, Scott McKenna and many others. Some of whom have re-signed with their existing clubs or moved on to join new sides not named Derby County, while others remain free agents so may be on the club’s radar.

- Goudmijn was mentioned via some Dutch Twitter posts that now look to have been on the money.

- most of the rumours suggested Sibley was off, with Rotherham mentioned as a likely destination but he’s since rocked up at what some may say are far more pleasant surroundings in Oxford.

- Collins was going then he wasn’t, Brum and Cardiff mentioned as possible destinations but he’s here for another year.

- rumours are that some people don’t rate Sonny Bradley at all and some others do or at least can see his uses.

- rumours are that some people don’t like ITK posters and some don’t mind it. 

- pretty accurate rumours that I really should spend more time working than I do procrastinating by reading and posting on here. 

I might have missed some. For me the summer rumours are always a bit of fun with some then developing into exciting and/or pragmatic signings, hopefully we get some more in the coming days and weeks. 

Anyone checked TripAdvisor reviews for Moor Farm? Seems a lot of players go on the tour and then don’t sign. 

1 minute ago, TooFarInToTurnRed said:

Anyone checked TripAdvisor reviews for Moor Farm? Seems a lot of players go on the tour and then don’t sign. 

Mixed reviews, most agree that the facilities are high end, some comment on the presence of an overbearing host who insists on being involved in their stay and pushes sub par coffee and questionable chat their way, others say the host is warm and welcoming showing a great deal of care for them and their families throughout. Most agree the hosts humour is divisive and his choice of headwear peculiar at times, as to how offensive those things are there seems to be a split of opinion.

Biggest concern is the number of people lingering by the car park and in the bushes watching people arriving and leaving from their stay. 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Mixed reviews, most agree that the facilities are high end, some comment on the presence of an overbearing host who insists on being involved in their stay and pushes sub par coffee and questionable chat their way, others say the host is warm and welcoming showing a great deal of care for them and their families throughout. Most agree the hosts humour is divisive and his choice of headwear peculiar at times, as to how offensive those things are there seems to be a split of opinion.

Biggest concern is the number of people lingering by the car park and in the bushes watching people arriving and leaving from their stay. 

I hope the raft of complaints about sausages have been dealt with

54 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

It was an excellent and very useful post CR.

In order for people to post in the appropriate thread, the posts they're replying to would need to be in the appropriate threads in the first place.

It'd be nice if everything was neatly in order and everyone just instinctively posted in the right place, but.... 

Why we have got 2 Transfer rumour threads God only knows 🤔

12 minutes ago, Crewton said:

There's one including the word SUMMER which is clearly nothing to do with us.

There’s this one and the main Transfer section. We just need a suggestions thread and a transfer thread with legitimate links. Simples.

Hladky would be a very good signing and to me is a clear sign we are hopeful of challenging for top 6. He was one of the best shot stoppers last season and showed good concetration given the relatively low number of shots faced. Also has a reasonable range of distribution (can play out and go long)

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

There’s this one and the main Transfer section. We just need a suggestions thread and a transfer thread with legitimate links. Simples.

But then where do we discuss the less legitimate links? I enjoy the silly season, “someone’s barber knows so and so’s gardener says we’re saying this player” doesn’t fit in as a suggestion or in the transfer section hence the rumours thread. 

23 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

But then where do we discuss the less legitimate links? I enjoy the silly season, “someone’s barber knows so and so’s gardener says we’re saying this player” doesn’t fit in as a suggestion or in the transfer section hence the rumours thread. 

Results in a lot of duplication though.