Transfer rumours

7 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Goudmijn not only foreign player we’ll get this summer. Denmark and Sweden have some good Midfielder and Attackers 👀 and before you ask I have no names 

I absolutely agree BT. Is that just your opinion re Danish and Swedish players though, or have you heard something specific that we are looking there ?

40 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He’s essentially a Warne wet dream. A defensive midfield utility player, who broke into the Brighton side last season playing mostly at full back and scoring three goals in 13 games before getting injured, long-term.

When signing loan players, if you can get one of these genuine elite-level prospects in the Championship then it can make a huge difference, as we well know. I wouldn’t have thought Hinshelwood would’ve been available for a loan move, but I guess with a new manager and him being injured for the majority of last season then who knows. 

I understand the loan. There are a number of CMs ahead of him, and whilst he scored 3 goals from RB, he seemed to struggle a bit against PL wingers. As Brighton will be hoping to strengthen this summer, a loan will guarentee him getting the game time he needs to develop further.

He's pretty good in the air, likes to push forward on the ball, and will put crosses in the box. He'll also chip in with goals and assists. He's a Jack of all trades in the middle of the park - seemingly exactly what Warne wants from his midfielders.

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I understand the loan. There are a number of CMs ahead of him, and whilst he scored 3 goals from RB, he seemed to struggle a bit against PL wingers. As Brighton will be hoping to strengthen this summer, a loan will guarentee him getting the game time he needs to develop further.

He's pretty good in the air, likes to push forward on the ball, and will put crosses in the box. He'll also chip in with goals and assists. He's a Jack of all trades in the middle of the park - seemingly exactly what Warne wants from his midfielders.

Would he suit playing in a 2 with Adams, if it's a 3-4-3 we play?

8 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Would he suit playing in a 2 with Adams, if it's a 3-4-3 we play?

I don't see why not. Brighton's academy use a wide range of formations (including 343, 3421, 3412, etc) - I assume it's part of their development plan to ensure players are flexible and not rigidly stuck to one specific role within a single formation.

48 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Can he play in goal? He might have to at this rate. 

I know, I know.... there are 67 trillion days left in this transfer window.

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

image.thumb.png.ad2f70a6877171b42c0f96c59867c8dd.png

I've just found this little snippet of information on a Portsmouth site - I believe this was around the time Nixon mentioned we had an agreed loan signing, but he was going to start pre-season at his club. It could be nothing, but if it is something - that's one hell of a signing.  

It maybe does make some sense as he's been injured for a while, so perhaps want him to finish his physio before shipping him out. 

And they have a new manager whos come in so probably wants to look at everyone. Be some signing this.

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Goudmijn not only foreign player we’ll get this summer. Denmark and Sweden have some good Midfielder and Attackers 👀 and before you ask I have no names 

I wouldn't mind a Slovakian (Rodak), a Solvenian (Elsnik), and a couple of Georgians (can't remember their names). Oh, and a certain Gambian, obviously.