Transfer rumours

38 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Be nice to have a “Hold up striker “ , when we are under a lot of pressure (Say away to Luton) . When the ball keeps coming back . Young John O’Hare would do nicely. 

Dying breed these are now unfortunately, the big number 9s. Struggling to even think of many out there.

There are different ways, people running into the channels with pace, pressing high forcing the opposition into mistakes can also alleviate pressure on the back 4. 

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Dying breed these are now unfortunately, the big number 9s. Struggling to even think of many out there.

There are different ways, people running into the channels with pace, pressing high forcing the opposition into mistakes can also alleviate pressure on the back 4. 

If we had £100 mill - Ivan Toney would do . Why did Southgate wait till injury time to put the big S—-house up front ? 

3 minutes ago, Sharp_Ram said:

Injury prone not worth the gamble 

Depends on what the gamble is, surely? He's got a ton of ability but you do worry about the psychological impact of all the injuries and obviously the injuries themselves, I haven't studied them enough to know if they're reoccurring but obviously the amount of time he's not available means that how much investment you put in has to be weighed up. 

He sounds like a great kid, with a huge desire to settle and get himself right. I'd love to see us get him in on a trial/short-term basis, heavy bonus incentivised. 

7 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

Just read a story on newsnow stating we were chasing Alfie May but have been beaten to his signature by Birmingham. 

Absolutely no chance we were in for Alfie May.

I read Birmingham are paying just under £1 million for him.

He's 31 tomorrow and has never played above league one.

Jerry Yates has been top goalscorer for his club in his last 2 seasons in the Championship, where both teams have struggled (Blackpooll more than Swansea, but Swansea were poor last season)

Jerry Yates is also 4 years younger than Alfie May.

But I have genuinely seen some fans moaning about Jerry Yates and then in the same breath saying we should have been in for Alfie May.

7 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

Just read a story on newsnow stating we were chasing Alfie May but have been beaten to his signature by Birmingham. 

IF we were in for him and IF he's chosen that scumbag of a club over us then it's down to one thing - money. Good luck to him if he wants to spend what's left of his career scrambling around in the lower leagues.

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Absolutely no chance we were in for Alfie May.

I read Birmingham are paying just under £1 million for him.

He's 31 tomorrow and has never played above league one.

Jerry Yates has been top goalscorer for his club in his last 2 seasons in the Championship, where both teams have struggled (Blackpooll more than Swansea, but Swansea were poor last season)

Jerry Yates is also 4 years younger than Alfie May.

But I have genuinely seen some fans moaning about Jerry Yates and then in the same breath saying we should have been in for Alfie May.

Sense at last.

17 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

Was it this article? 

What it says within the article is;

“Kayden Jackson is reportedly close to joining Derby after being released by Ipswich Town while Jerry Yates is on the verge of joining on loan from Swansea City.

That would fill their void in the forward position, although there is arguably someone better who Warne has just missed out on.

Following their promotion to the second tier, Derby were considering a move for ‘wonderful’ Charlton Athletic striker Alfie May.”

Seems to me it’s a misleading headline for a clickbait opinion piece with no viable link to May ever being mentioned this summer. 

Alfie May is an interesting one, he’s scored consistently at league one for a number of years now, wonder why no champ clubs have taken a punt on him 🤔 

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Alfie May would have been one I'd have gone for, knows where the net is.

Birmingham are clearly throwing money about.

Sorry mate, have to disagree here.

Warne said last season  (in the Q&A I believe) that signing someone like Jonson Clarke-Harris makes no sense. Chucking a decent fee in and the money over a 3 year deal, there is no sell on value at all so makes no business sense. 

Clarke Harris is 29. Alfie May is 31.

Spending just shy of £1 million on a player that has had 3 good seasons in League One as the best in his career. We would probably have to give him at least 3 years on id say 20k a week. Which would be just shy of £4 million on over 3 years. Would make no sense at all really.

Not to mention there is no guarantee of him being able to do it in the championship with much better defenders to deal with.