Transfer rumours

Unless Cardiff have had a change of heart and want him to be a main sarter i suppose, but I think that's unlikely. £2.5m is easy to dismiss as opening negotiation posture.

I'm sure we'll be looking at options because although we all want the deal to happen (I'd assume Cardiff want it to happen for a price rather than really don't want it to happen) it'd be pretty negligent not to, and Cardiff knowing we're going to get someone else if the price is too steep.

I'm a fan of Adams, but I'm a fan of DCFC doing smart business more. A creed of "don't do bad deals" as part of the club's regeneration is something i can get behind, even if that slightly compromises the here and now, over the longer term it helps towards a healthy club.

My "pulled out my arse" guess is we do the deal for £750k with some add ons but given we want him and he'd happy to be here, it's happy days even if really we wanted to pay £500k.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

16 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Unless Cardiff have had a change of heart and want him to be a main sarter i suppose, but I think that's unlikely. £2.5m is easy to dismiss as opening negotiation posture.

I'm sure we'll be looking at options because although we all want the deal to happen (I'd assume Cardiff want it to happen for a price rather than really don't want it to happen) it'd be pretty negligent not to, and Cardiff knowing we're going to get someone else if the price is too steep.

I'm a fan of Adams, but I'm a fan of DCFC doing smart business more. A creed of "don't do bad deals" as part of the club's regeneration is something i can get behind, even if that slightly compromises the here and now, over the longer term it helps towards a healthy club.

My "pulled out my arse" guess is we do the deal for £750k with some add ons but given we want him and he'd happy to be here, it's happy days even if really we wanted to pay £500k.

Difficult as the heart yearns for Adams. My head thinks the Irish lad from Lincoln would be a smarter investment. Younger with higher potential perhaps.

48 minutes ago, SECornerRAM said:

Almost impossible to say currently, as it is with all transfers that change day by day 

contract etc all verbally agreed with the player 

All on the club (Silkeborg) 

Would that be Stefán Teitur Thórdarson ?

Central midfielder looks like his role is very similar to Max Bird - in fact he is physically very similar to Bird.

He played in Icelands recent win against England

I've had a look at a recent game he played in Danish club football on YouTube & Raul Albentosa was playing for the opposition !!!

14 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Difficult as the heart yearns for Adams. My head thinks the Irish lad from Lincoln would be a smarter investment. Younger with higher potential perhaps.

Adams is 29 in January and has spent all his career in the lower leagues apart from 11 games for Cardiff . When he came to us he made a massive difference with his energy and tackling . That was because we had two midfielders that couldn’t tackle , full stop . But that was the 3rd tier . We must be looking for Championship quality players that can Pass and Tackle . Having said that I will always remember his contribution . 

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

Adams is 29 in January and has spent all his career in the lower leagues apart from 11 games for Cardiff . When he came to us he made a massive difference with his energy and tackling . That was because we had two midfielders that couldn’t tackle , full stop . But that was the 3rd tier . We must be looking for Championship quality players that can Pass and Tackle . Having said that I will always remember his contribution . 

Yes I agree. He's all action, good in the air and got forward well too at times. That goal against Blackpool was stunning.  My concern would be passing and dealing with the ball in tight spaces. However, his sheer aggressive approach and personality are infectious and certainly galvanised us. Tough call, but who knows, maybe we wait and get him at a decent price and another. Osborn could be the other I guess.

45 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Spot on - the player did very well for us in the third division because our other two couldn’t do that kind of role and he also showed what a poor signing Fornah was as well but we are in the second division now against better players on the whole. If we get him at sensible money then fair enough otherwise thanks for the memories.

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I don’t suppose Delap and Kelliman are potential loans then as we probably wouldn’t have to fork out any actual money ?

Delap was offered the chance to come back on loan at one point but wasn't interested and it seems Southampton are keen.  Kellyman possibly but probably not till January I'd imagine as he's just signed and their would be an assessment and integration i'd assume, plus a juicy loan fee based on their outlay for 12 months.