Transfer rumours

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think that if Cashin can prove he is a Championship defender between now and Xmas , an offer could come for him. He will now be up against the likes of Patrick Bamford , who he will have to have in his pocket if he is to make the grade in the Prem . 

Cashin has already shown he is more than capable at Championship level. We won’t sell him. I also doubt there is anything in Hinshelwood. Would be good if we do get him though.

In regards Robinson, I doubt he’ll get a chance this season, he didn’t feature in League 1 or the EFL Trophy so doubt he’ll get much of a chance in the Champ.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Hope the Hinshelwood link isn’t part of a deal for Cashin.

Brighton wanted Cashin to go out on loan, when they offered last year (but they wanted him to play at higher level, so would have been with a Championship side).  I suspect we will be allowed an immediate loan to end of the Season for him if we sell, as we now can offer him Championship level football.

Realistically, we are going to lose him soon so wouldn't be the worst outcome in the world.

Just now, Srg said:

We sold several sell on clauses for admin. This could have been one of them. 

I'm hoping with him being sold during admin rather than before, they'd have put in a sell on clause and not sold it. 

47 minutes ago, OoooMarkWright said:

Cashin has already shown he is more than capable at Championship level. We won’t sell him. I also doubt there is anything in Hinshelwood. Would be good if we do get him though.

In regards Robinson, I doubt he’ll get a chance this season, he didn’t feature in League 1 or the EFL Trophy so doubt he’ll get much of a chance in the Champ.

Cashin for £10m.... Kellyman £20m with very little track record to go on... 

If true it shows you what a weird game football is.

12 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Cashin for £10m.... Kellyman £20m with very little track record to go on... 

If true it shows you what a weird game football is.

I suspect the prices on both Kellyman and Maatsen are inflated for FFP reasons as both home grown players. 

1 minute ago, Gladram said:

I suspect the prices on both Kellyman and Maatsen are inflated for FFP reasons as both home grown players. 

Isn’t it for academy graduates though. Still a big fee for Kellyman, but would I don’t think it would be classed as pure profit as we appear to have sell on clauses having read some previous comments. It would still be a big help for them with ffp though and I might be wrong.

16 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

Isn’t it for academy graduates though. Still a big fee for Kellyman, but would I don’t think it would be classed as pure profit as we appear to have sell on clauses having read some previous comments. It would still be a big help for them with ffp though and I might be wrong.

I was responding to comparing Cashin to Kellyman and that the Kellyman fee perhaps shouldn't be taken at face value and that we wouldn't of got anything like that fee.

But I might be totally wrong, just a guess.

7 minutes ago, Gladram said:

I was responding to comparing Cashin to Kellyman and that the Kellyman fee perhaps shouldn't be taken at face value and that we wouldn't of got anything like that fee.

But I might be totally wrong, just a guess.

In that context I totally agree with you. It’s clearly being done for ffp.

You sell a player for £30 million would create £30 million of income. If you then buy a player for £30 million on a 5 year contract would be put down as £6 million a year after amortisation, which would create a £24 million profit.

Any PL team buying Cashin will want him for as little as possible. Maybe £5 million before the season up to £10 million if he’s playing well in the championship as best case scenario.

Edited by Chesterfield_Ram

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Believe Kellyman was £700,000 with 25% clause. Administrations sold Gordon’s only. We still have Delaps for this summer too👀

Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

2 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

Brighton wanted Cashin to go out on loan, when they offered last year (but they wanted him to play at higher level, so would have been with a Championship side).  I suspect we will be allowed an immediate loan to end of the Season for him if we sell, as we now can offer him Championship level football.

Realistically, we are going to lose him soon so wouldn't be the worst outcome in the world.

Except how much more would he be worth with a successful Championship season behind him rather than just promoted to Championship? Just to loan a midfielder to make more money for Brighton? Then the season after we have to find another midfielder - I thought we were building a team/squad to be stable at Championship level?

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Kellyman money will be tidy, we’ll pocket about 4-5 million from it 

Do people actually still believe “Big Trav” he is not itk just makes up stuff.

Needs removing from the forum.

It’s the same with these EFL Twitter transfer rumours accounts people put on here.

How can people be so gullible 😂

8 minutes ago, Jas said:

It’s the same with these EFL Twitter transfer rumours accounts people put on here.

Gets more right than wrong. Also if you don’t like him just block him? 

14 minutes ago, Jas said:

It defies belief that people still think he is genuine, these are grown adults 😆

But, I still read his posts with excitement at the latest rumour that isn't going to happen.

No need to remove him from the board though, he is quite entertaining in a boring window.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

14 minutes ago, Jas said:

HisJanuary posts alone shows he's not at all ITK.

"Collins out for the season", "happy striker day"...

He knows asmuch as me, not alot!

19 minutes ago, Jas said:

Maybe someone who has made 3 posts including this one has an agenda